Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445767  
Subject: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
Just in case you haven't seen this, multi-billionaire Rupert M.'s flagship publication, The Wall Street Journal, published an infographic on how the new tax laws will affect the unfortunates who are not so well off. Apparently, nearly everyone's taxes will be going up.

http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2013/01/15/five-finger-discount...

Apparently I am truly destitute, but at least I have my pride. I can perhaps understand better, however, why (R)s want to cut social security so badly -- when I retire social security will provide me with $130k/yr income (but that may be only if I become black and receive $50k/yr in dividends, and $20k/yr in deductions for being too lazy to work). And my taxes won't go up!

"I was sad because I had no shoes until I met a married couple with four kids living on a mere $650,000 a year with only $180,000 in investment income (and Obummer and the spendthrift Demoncrats increased their taxes!)"

rj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416437 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
HOLEY CRUD!

If my mother (single parent three kids) was making $260k a year, then there is a lot of reckoning that needs to happen for all the years I had no xmas presents, barely any bday's and had to WORK my way through highschool.

$35,000 in investment income? What? HUH? That means I got one hell of an inheritance coming to me, now I want to repeal estate taxes!

(Who the heck came up with these numbers?)

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416438 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 1:43 PM
Yeah, I wish my wife and I combined made that much (we don't).

When I was in grad school 20 years ago I was living on about $10k per year. Not just apartment, car, food, etc, but I also had to pay tuition and books. And I still managed to sock away a few bucks into Monetta Fund and Low Price Stock Fund (and there was another, but I can't remember the name now). My internet was dial-up, and I had no cable TV.

Not that I'm suggesting a family of four could have gotten by on that, even then. But this notion you need 6 figures is silly.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416444 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 4:46 PM
$35,000 in investment income? What? HUH? That means I got one hell of an inheritance coming to me, now I want to repeal estate taxes!

(Who the heck came up with these numbers?)

a WSJ tea-bagger....

took typical taxpayer units: single parent, retired couple, single person, family with 4 kids....

made up numbers that would, in three cases, maximize their tax increase

and one where the income's is high, but taxes don't change (retirees are slackers and LOOTERs (TOTAL coincidence that retired couple are Pakistani))

[ $35k investment income? typical TMFr could do that with 200K assests

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416448 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 5:15 PM
0x6a74: and one where the income's is high, but taxes don't change (retirees are slackers and LOOTERs (TOTAL coincidence that retired couple are Pakistani))

Ah. I thought they looked like Eric Holder and spouse. No doubt the GOP would like to see him retire, and many others think he's affirmative OJR (on-the-job retired).

rj

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416450 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 6:23 PM
took typical taxpayer units: single parent, retired couple, single person, family with 4 kids....

made up numbers that would, in three cases, maximize their tax increase

It totally explains why they're so pissed off about these people getting welfare.

Author: CountUpp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416451 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/17/2013 10:15 PM
Recommendations: 5
[ $35k investment income? typical TMFr could do that with 200K assets

Easy peasy. Just invest in the Foolish Four.

Count Upp

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416454 of 445767
Subject: Re: Reality? We don't need no stinkin' reality! Date: 1/18/2013 12:29 AM
Recommendations: 3
[ $35k investment income? typical TMFr could do that with 200K assets

Easy peasy. Just invest in the Foolish Four.

dunno whether FF could do it .. might need one
of their newer sc--- er, systems

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement