UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: golfwaymore Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726221  
Subject: Reasons to RE Date: 3/31/2001 2:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 38
For some reason, every time I travel on business, I contemplate all the reasons I want to RE.

While traveling to Texas this week, I did the same. Oddly enough, most of my reasons revolve around being able to do activities when the masses dont.

I'm sure I've forgotten some reasons, and I believe some folks have posted this type before, but here's mine:

1. To go out for lunch or dinner when restaraunts arent crowded.

2. To be able to catch a flight any time I want, rather than the "redeyes" required to meet my customer's schedules.

3. Grocery shop, and have the whole damn store to myself.

4. End my 5 year ban of Walmart, which started when I'd had enough of the obligatory screaming kid on every aisle - indigenous to the afterwork and weekend crowd.

5. Get out of bed whenever the hell I want to.

6. Go to bed " " " " " ".

7. Spend time doing more volunteer work for the local churches, so that hopefully, I wont say "hell" and "damn" nearly as much.

8. Spend every waking minute of the summers with my son.

9. Resume my obsession with bass fishing.

10. Finish perfecting Golfwaymore's BBQ sauce.

11. Have a drink any time of day, and not care who smells it on my breath.

12. Increase the depth of my DD in the companies of which I've invested.

13. Watch a lil' CNBC for gut busting, comic relief. (Did I mention GE is their parent company?)

14. Do yardwork when it's cool, and drink beer by the pool when it's hot (currently I do the reverse).

15. Start dating my wife of 13 years, again.

16. Become more involved in my local civic government.

17. Take my car for an oil change or repair, and not really care how fast or slow they are.

18. Keep the golf handicap below <gulp> 15, at least 4 days per week.

19. Watch the deer finish their night-feeding at sunrise, if I choose to get out of bed.

20. I already excercise alot, I want to excercise too much.

21. Actually "hope" to get snowed in on winter nights.

22. Not care if we are in a bull, or bear market.

23. Argue with DW over household chore responsibilities.

24. Contribute to REHP with facts of RE, not theories.

25. Think of 25 new reasons why RE is utopia.

Just rambling....

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement