UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beckyz51 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24925  
Subject: Re: New to me and you? Date: 2/19/2001 12:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
rec,
Welcome! Chris and I are needing some help here, I remember everything you mentioned. If you go back to #108, I mentioned an article I read that said Neanderthal DNA prove they aren't human. The next post (#109), Amy found the whole article for me! She is just full of websites! And our only Biology, Chemist. There are (3) guys who know lots about Physics that I've seen. So, you make one more for the "God spoke" side.
I appreciate your criticism of Science. Everytime they find something to prove their preconceived ideas it is all over the news, the article I mentioned above was a year old! I read it just a few months ago and it was just a blurb. Get the whole article! It's amazing to a creationist.
Your comments also reminded me of another problem with Science. Textbooks. A new book is out,'Icons of Evolution", by Jonathan Wells, a developmental biologist trained at Yale and Berkeley. While studying for his biology Ph.D. at Berkley, he discovered that his textbooks contained a serious misrepresentation. They each had a drawing comparing the embryos of vertebrates, such as fish, salamander, tortoise, chick, and human.
The books claimed that the drawing illustrated the fact that vertebrate embryos show decent from a common ancestor, because the embryos are increasingly similar at earlier stages of development.
That is not true! Actually, they are very dissimilar, said Wells.
He was troubled and went on to find many drawings that were profoundly misleading.
For instance,the famous Miller-Urey experiment showed a diagram of a flask containing elemental gases being sparked by an electrode. But, in fact, the gases in the experiment probably never existed in combination on the earth. Scientists know this, but textbooks still present this experiment as factual.
What really bothers me about this is if the textbooks at Berkley are not correct, or up-dated for people getting PhD's, what kind of info is in the textbooks at the high schools in the ghetto? No wonder they can't pass the SAT's!! And what about people like me who learned from textbooks that are 34 plus years old now? What am I thinking that is completely false?
All you Physicists out there----do you get my point?
This is important! To you, I hope, because only people with accurate info are learning current truth. And to me because science is keeping lots of people from the truth in the Bible. They won't even pick one up because even Theologians are saying it isn't true!
I've got more on this ---Becky
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement