No. of Recommendations: 1
Janet Sims-Wood, 67, is like millions of other seniors still working in order to make ends meet. For the part-time librarian, the recession put a huge dent in her savings, so she expects she'll have to work as long as her health allows.

http://www.npr.org/series/171698920/working-late-pushing-bac...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Nice teary eye bleeding heart series. yeah...let's just up SS by 50% so these folks can live a 'better life'.

She is buying a house.....probably bought at the wrong time...and hard to lose money in the DC area, too.....it's been going up and up and up...... and she worked 30 plus years at Howard University? Didn't they have a pension plan? And of course, she gets SS.....and since her husband died...the greater of his or her SS...plus Medicare......

Yeah..she might have to sell her house...which it seems she can't afford...probably one of those slick community organizers convinced her everyone should own a home and pay the big utility bills.....and taxes..wow..taxes in the DC area....big time!.....plus, of course a 10% income tax on working in the District of COlumbia on top of fed taxes.....

Yeah..she might not be able to buy into the retirement community.

SO?

My granddad worked.....worked in a movie theater..more to keep busy than for the money..... and the other granddad worked as a school crossing guard...got him out of the house twice a day.....made some spending change.....did that for 5 years before he died....so?

Retirement is not an 'entitlement'.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Nice teary eye bleeding heart series. yeah...let's just up SS by 50% so these folks can live a 'better life'.

Tele's unique brand of 'compassionate conservatism' once again graces us, this time accompanied by a host of negative assumptions/allegations.

Never a disappointment...
No. of Recommendations: 2
BG"Tele's unique brand of 'compassionate conservatism' once again graces us, this time accompanied by a host of negative assumptions/allegations."

Since Obama took office, the median salary of the middle class worker has declined by $4300.

His failed energy policies and inability to reform the entitlement programs mean that EVERYONE is going to face a bleak future as he borrows the US into financial Armageddon.

When interest rates rise, and the national debt interest takes 20 or 25% of the entire tax revenues, you'll see cut backs in entitlements and taxes on the working folks that will make even liberal minds spin....

Where , please tell, does it say that 'a comfortable retirement' is a 'right' and you are 'entitled to it'?

This bleeding heart story about the lady at Howard Univ....who worked there 30 years but left early so she had time to devote to her HOBBY.....and still had a full time job ....could afford a house (and probably should not have)....lost $100,000 in value in her savings...is now the 'example' of ALL folks coming up on retirement age?

Really, give us a break.

I am not my brothers keeper when you define that as 'everyone else'. I will worry about MY family, but don't expect to tap me to support everyone else in their retirement.

t.
Advertisement