UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rosewine Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 16453  
Subject: Recommended Host? Date: 10/11/2012 5:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello, my friends.

I'm looking for recommendations for a host again. I already have the URL I want to use and don't really expect to do a website any time soon, but want something for email. It looks like we will need 8 to maybe as many as 10 email addresses. I'd like something that is realtively easy to use and reasonably priced. (Whatever that means.) I've done a little looking around online, and don't feel like I have the knowledge to know what I'm looking at.

What are you recommending these days?

Thanks.

Rose
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Radish Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16342 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/11/2012 6:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm using namecheap.com
Haven't had any problems, and when I asked them a technical question (for someone else on this board) they responded right away with detailed info.

Phil

Author: numbrel Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16343 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/12/2012 11:12 AM
I have been using TotalChoiceHosting.com for about 8 years and have been very happy with them.

Barbar

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16344 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/12/2012 11:47 AM
I'm not sure whether it would be worth the price for just email, but I'm using ICDSoft as my host, and their support is absolutely stellar. They're prompt to the point of being instant, and the system is flawless. I've been using them since 2004.

~aj

Author: Radish Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16345 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/12/2012 5:48 PM
ICDSoft is who I used before I switched to namecheap. As TMBFAverageJoe says, they are very good. I only changed because, for what I wanted, namecheap was a lot lower priced. I've been using namecheap for a few years.

Phil

Author: chasb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16346 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/13/2012 1:06 PM
I'll second Barbar's recommendation of TotalChoiceHosting. Been using them for about six years with no problems at all. Good prices, too.

Charlie Brown

Author: rosewine Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16347 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/16/2012 11:03 AM
Thanks, everyone.

From reviewing the sites, I think Total Choice Hosting is going to get the nod. Are either of you resellers? If so, I'd be happy to go that route.

Rose

Author: chasb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16348 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 10/19/2012 12:04 AM
No.

Charlie Brown

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16349 of 16453
Subject: Re: Recommended Host? Date: 11/10/2012 2:35 PM
I've been really happy with http://www.hostgator.com

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement