No. of Recommendations: 1
Recruiters and employers now have more tools to use when researching candidates. So please take my advice and do not add your full home address to your resume.

I read the comments on that article.
For the people on there who wrote WHy would anyone put a full address on a resume?

they are too young to remember a time when one actually got written, mailed responses to resumes that were mailed out.
or sent by courier...

I have a PO Box, so it doesn't much matter to me to include it.

But I'm also the only person in the US with my name, so it'd be easy enough to find me (except that Google hasn't mapped my street (they could only see me from above.)
I think with a city & name combo - address could easily be found for many people, as long as the name isn't Joe WIlliams or Sally Jones...

peace & The Google
t
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement