Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20

I said that with all due respect.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564&post=true

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
My God, I never knew anything was going on there. Horrible news...sorry to hear!

I'm gonna email his account...

- C -
That's too bad. Charles will be missed.
I had no idea. I will miss him very much.

Donna
No. of Recommendations: 1

We have indeed lost a great fan of the Skins, but also a great person.

Hail to the Redskins, and Hail to Charles!

Curt
Goddammit, I really liked Charles, never met him but I know I would've loved to hang out and have a beer or 10.

He mentioned once on another board a few years back that he was not healthy.

Sad and angry...Pete
Sorry to hear the news about Crobinso. I'll save you a seat, and buy you a couple of 'dogs' at that big Redskin Game.

So long Charles.
He was always a nice guy and a good fan. He'll be missed.

-CH
No. of Recommendations: 8
Thank you Josie for posting this and for e-mailing me the link.

Hey Everyone,

Obviously, I'm neither a poster nor a lurker here, but I've been a bit disorganized about all this (sorry) and wanted to offer some updated info.

Karen said she will not be checking Charles' e-mail until next week after things settled down a bit for her. If y'all have Charles' e-mail addy, you might wanna send an e-mail with his name in the "subject line" so that Karen will "see" that e-mail and check it as she might not go through everything...At least not right away.

I will be collecting cards to forward to Karen. I do not feel comfortable sharing her address with Fools I may not know, but if y'all e-mail me Offline, I will give you my address and will forward anything sent here to her.

Of course if you'd prefer, you should be able to send anything to her at the funeral home...Call them first to make sure though.

The funeral home info is:

Henry S. Washington & Sons Co., Inc.
4925 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave Ne
Washington DC 20019
(202) 398-6700

I found out today that they do not have a web site.

His obituary is supposed to be listed in this Friday's Washington Post. The WP Online requires an account to read their obituary listings and I will link to it when I finally see it, on the BBQ Board.

However, if you e-mail me Offline on Friday, I will respond with the link to his obituary.

Sorry, but it's a bit difficult for me to keep up with all the e-mails and various boards.

However, I am collecting links to the boards that have posted about Charles and will send Karen all individual posts so that she'll see just how much Charles is loved by his Fool Friends. Please know that I will not be responding individually to all Fool Posts...There are just too many.

And, if you see a post on another board about Charles, please send me the link so that I can collect these for Karen. Thanks!!

Bill a.k.a. ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 8
Linda and I are heading out-of-town in about an hour to go meet a Fool, however, I am updating Charles' BBQ Fool page have finally added one group of TMF posts and would appreciate y'all comments.

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

And, since y'all's board is first in line alphabetically...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php#77'sFoolishHouseofPigskin

Online or Off, don't matter none to me...I just wanna know what y'all think.

Thanks!

ßillƒ

Board links collected so far: 77's Foolish House of Pigskin, All things Sci-Fi, Baby Boomers, BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The, Buying and Maintaining a Car, Christian Fools, Current Events, Gwen's Pub, Humor and Urban Legends, Major League Baseball, Skunk(s)
Star Trek

UKBB
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bill,

Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure his family will appreciate seeing how well liked Charles was.

I only "knew" him on a few boards; but, he was one of my favorite fools. He spoke of the things he liked with passion as well as with humor. I respected that he was a man of principles and always stayed "above the fray."

He'll be greatly missed.

Jeff
Hey UKKB,

Star Trek

Thank you! Got that one saved and will collect posts from them as well.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure his family will appreciate seeing how well liked Charles was.

It's the least I can do for such a dear friend.

I only "knew" him on a few boards...

Me too. Every once in a while he'd mention he'd driven past Richmond to go visiting and I'd harass him for not stopping. Then he'd harass me for not waving back as he drove through. :-)

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 2
Charles' obituary has been posted in today's Washington Post Online. You'll need a free account in order to see both the obituary and sign the guest book.

www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86753695

However, I did add the info on his BBQ Fools page...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

ßillƒ
Advertisement