UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 12:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
OK folks...I need to post an update here with all my latest and greatest debt that is hovering aroung 25k (ouch city), but I will have to do that later. I had several set backs that I was not financially prepared for such as having to move twice last year, which since I was unprepared for I had to do with some financing help from the plastic so I am almost (not entirely though)back up to where I was a year ago...which of course bites big time. I did however move into a roommate situation so I could cut down on expenses and be able to send an additional $500 to my snowball.

So here is what has happened the past month:
-Checked on my FICO for the first time in 6 months and it is FINALLY over 700, at a wonderful 704!!!! Of course, I will not look again for a long time as all this recent shifting of account it will surely take a hit.
-Moved my $8300 credit card (I know....I know) to a fleet consolidated loan that is at 9%...much better interest (was paying 10.9%).
-Then I called MBNA to see if they would lower my interest on a line of credit at $8900 lower than 15.99, they said no. Bastards...
-I then called the credit card company where I had the initial $8300 to close that account, and they said what if we lowered your interest to a fixed rate of 8.9% and I say OK!!!!
-Now I am going to say good bye to the MBNA and pay 7% less interest!!!

So again all the shuffling might not be great, but I will be saving a bunch of money for more snowballing!!!! Now I just have to sit down and digest and figure who is the snowballer #1 who will get the $1000 payment (or as close as I can) each month.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132181 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 1:20 PM
Recommendations: 1
Then I called MBNA to see if they would lower my interest on a line of credit at $8900 lower than 15.99, they said no. Bastards...

Are you going to laugh at them when they come crawling back?

On a personal note: I made $50 at my kitchen show last month, and I will be making $100 on the show I am closing tonight, so all that will go to my latest dental bill of $1052....taking it down to $950, which I will be able to snow ball to $0 in about 2 months, if I skip eating out.

I also have two more shows on the book for next month, so if I hit my average sales, I will have $160 in commissions. Ya-hoo!

Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132182 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 1:34 PM
Recommendations: 0
Frissy,
What do you mean by a "kitchen show" I'm just curious!!

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132186 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 1:43 PM
It's a direct sales thing:

www.pamperedchef.com

Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132209 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 3:33 PM
At a thousand dollars a month pus birthday money you will be out of debt in less than two years. Go for it! At least you have a plan now tht you are settled. IMHO, your story is a perfect example of why an e-fund is important. If you choose to have an e-fund you will be building a credit card-disposable at your pleasure, whenever the need arises-at 0% interest, never to be paid back. Without the e-fund you may get the debt paid off faster but, when you run into another emergency, you wil have to charge the cards back up again.

Good Luck-whichever you may decide.

Mangard

Author: zskii Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132245 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 6/28/2002 10:30 PM
With a FICO of 704 you might be able to qualify for USAA's prime plus zero card. It has a floor of 6%, so with the prime rate being 4.75%, naturally the rate right now is 6%. There's no annual fee. Maybe it's worth a shot!

Try 1-888-297-5471 for more info.

-z

Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132337 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/1/2002 8:15 AM
Thanks, I will giv ethis a shot!

Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132338 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/1/2002 8:21 AM
I love the pampered chef! I went to one of their parties several months ago. I was a good doobie and only bought one item...the crinkle cutter. I love it!

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132353 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/1/2002 11:28 AM
Oh, the crinkle cutter is great, huh? I really like it since they redesigned it to make the blade curved so it rocks back and forth...It used to be straght.

What do you use it for? Just veggies and melon? I use mine to chop fresh herbs (when my food chopper is dirty! LOL!)

Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132360 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/1/2002 12:45 PM
Melon....veggies....and also pita bread!

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132361 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/1/2002 12:46 PM
Do you do waffle fries?

Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132423 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/2/2002 9:12 AM
If you saw the number on the scale that I have seen lately, you will know why I won't try waffle fries...so sad!!! : >

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132444 of 308858
Subject: Re: Refinancing CC shuffle Date: 7/2/2002 11:52 AM
Two words: oven baked.

I hear you on the numbers. I went to the gym last night, hopped up on the scale, and all I can say is at least I'm quite a bit away from the big scary 300!!!

Still, I was 2 pounds heavier than I thought, grrr....

Yesterday was Day 1 of my diet and exercise plan, and I nearly killed myself. I thought I could handle 30 minutes on the bike AND 10 minutes on the treadmill and Elliptical machine, but last night, when I was tossing and turning from the cramps in my quads, I found out I was wrong.

So, I have to go back today, but I won't be doing my lower body weights! Just maybe 30 minutes on the recumbant bike ONLY....

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement