Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3324  
Subject: Refiners May Be Bottoming Date: 9/7/2008 10:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Valero Energy (VLO - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr) is also trading in a sideways consolidation pattern and may be in the process of building up enough steam to move higher. However, the red trend lines indicate that the stock needs to break through quite a bit of resistance before the primary trend can change from down to up.

If that does happen, investors will want to see a sharp increase in volume along with the institutional money stream at the bottom of the chart moving higher to confirm the breakout.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10436120/2/technical-outlook-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Groovetoon Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2989 of 3324
Subject: Re: Refiners May Be Bottoming Date: 9/10/2008 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Doubtit,

Posing the overriding blunt question, why is VLO so depressed with oil prices so high? I've heard mentioned their profit margins are wiped out when oil gets too expensive? How so?

Appreciate it.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement