Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFJake Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 72  
Subject: Re: Is CAPS taking over Fool.com? Date: 12/21/2006 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Regarding CAPS being a game for short term, momentum investors, here are a couple of posts on the subject:

LoneIguana's Thoughts: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24672646

David G Assessment: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24672703

Our intent is not to make CAPS a game about short term investing. We look at CAPS as a research tool that supports any number of investing methodologies. And many CAPS all stars are not opening and closing picks frequently to "win" the game. So while I'll acknowledge that some have used this as a successful strategy on CAPS to boost their rating, I don't think that the value of CAPS is diluted in any way by these actions. The CAPS ratings are still perfectly valuable to me as a long term investor, and do not reflect, in aggregate, a short term sentiment.

And I'm perfectly satisfied to compete without taking a short term approach, and I look for All Star investors who take the same approach.

I loved what you were doing with CAPS5Star1Star (it's on my favorite player list), and I hope you continue to manage the fund. In fact, we had you in mind we we rolled out our blogging tool. With think the Jester index fund blogging page would be a great platform for many of the posts that you made on this board.

Cheers,

jk
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement