No. of Recommendations: 0
Howdy, folks.

Due to neglecting to send the insurer a change of address after we moved, I missed paying the annual premium for my term life insurance policy. To get the policy reinstated, I have to fill out four pages of forms with updated medical history. They also have already determined a new annual premium, about $30 more than what I was already paying. Any advice on the best way to go about this? Are there rules of thumb about how to handle a reinstatement that differ from starting from scratch? If send back the forms and a check, what happens next? I'm in Virginia, in case that matters.

Many thanks,
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.