UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rainbow40 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: reinvesting IRA CD to IRA money markets Date: 1/5/2000 8:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is it possible to simply withdraw my IRA CD at 5% (i will have to pay a small penalty) and reinvest it in an IRA money market with 15 or 16% interest and not worry about any problems at tax time. I also have savings bonds in my childrens name and all have matured. I would like to invest them in money market accounts.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gtstarling Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17410 of 74759
Subject: Re: reinvesting IRA CD to IRA money markets Date: 1/5/2000 10:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
rainbow40

Welcome! You asked:

Is it possible to simply withdraw my IRA CD at 5% (i will have to pay a small penalty) and reinvest it in an IRA money market with 15 or 16% interest and not worry about any problems at tax time. I also have savings bonds in my childrens name and all have matured. I would like to invest them in money market accounts.

Where can you find a money market that pays 15 or 16% interest? Foolish investors usually use Money Market funds as a parking place for money that will be needed in the next 3 - 5 years. Investments in equities generally give better returns over a longer time period.

Gemstarman

Author: mdorsey One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17413 of 74759
Subject: Re: reinvesting IRA CD to IRA money markets Date: 1/5/2000 11:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
First, you don't want to withdraw any money from your IRA. What you do is transfer custodian to custodian(Bank to MM Family or Broker). Before you do even that you need to educate yourself at this site and others so you can pick investments that are suitable.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement