UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37065  
Subject: Remind Me I'm Getting There, Right? Date: 12/9/2012 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Nothing like buying furniture to replace broken furniture to find out just how much clutter there is!

I had to empty the old stuff and find a place for it that was out of the way for the delivery guys to get the new stuff in and in place.

Hoooo boy!

Mostly I'm nearly overwhelmed by what's ahead because now it's time to put things in new spaces and find new spaces for old clutter AND clean. We had so much dust hidden under and behind the furniture that left, our cats are walking around sneezing every couple of seconds.

So far, the good that's come out of this:

1. I went to the two storage units and took stock of what needed to be done there, and it's not that bad! I mean, there's a lot to do, but it can be done by doing one task a weekend. There are several boxes of old books that need to be taken to the pulping place, a few boxes of stuff DD left that she wanted me to give to Goodwill, and then there are odds and ends that I'll have to make decisions about. I put one of the chests that came out of the apartment in the unit so that we can use it for organizing. (Eventually, I'm going to get it repaired, but the person who WAS going to do it reneged; thus Plan B.)

2. When I'm finished with the reorganization in No. 1, our storage unit rental will be cut in half, freeing up some cash. That's a very good thing.

3. It won't be long before I'll be able to play my piano again, now that all the mail packaging material has a home in the new chest.

4. I can put away the TV trays I was using for my laptop and my photographic light box because I have permanent place for them.

5. Already there is more room in the bedroom because the huge chest with broken drawers isn't sticking out into the walk space, and it will be very easy to refill the new dresser with the clothes and linens and make even more space, once I've gotten the drawers papered.

It'll be good. It will. I just have to keep up my morale to continue. It's going to take longer than today, which means we still have to tolerate a confused living space, but it won't be much longer before it's better.

MOI
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement