Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a rental house where the tenants are actually
paying rent. In fact they are paying too well. In the
month of December I have received payments for
both January and February. (Hurray for more money
and boo for taxes) I'm assuming that these payments
are going to be treated as income for the tax year
of 1997. I'm also pretty sure that they are going to
upset my tax apple cart. Do I have to fill out the
dreaded tax quarterly form for the last quarter in 1997
or will I be able to take care of this in April with no
additional income tax problems??

Thank you all for your time and attention


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.