Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71166  
Subject: Repair Before Trade-in? Date: 11/6/2012 10:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DW has an '06 Avalon with over 113K on it.We've planned on trading it in for a new car in the next 6 weeks.Here's the dilemma:

Inspection in due by the end of this month.I know it is going to need some work to pass inspection (new tires,battery,some suspension work since something has been making a "wrump-wrump-wrump" sound from the right front area).

DW just called me & said she hit a truck while turning at an intersection,tearing her right passenger mirror off,now dangling by the wiring.The other driver of the big truck didn't see any damage to his vehicle & told her 'not to worry about it',then he drove off.No one was hurt.
My wife had been in an accident a year ago.Our insurance rates didn't go up then,but would if another is reported.

Should we report it to our insurance agent?

If we're trading it in soon,should we fix it & renew the inspection first,or trade it in as is? (Maybe just duct-tape it in place if possible till the trade-in?

I haven't seen the car yet.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement