UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949768  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 10/10/2012 4:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 54
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823079 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 4:42 PM
Recommendations: 0
Was the funding cut?
or just voted on to cut?

There is a difference

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823086 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 4:55 PM
Recommendations: 1
Yet another PA lib fail:
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/256117137830211584
State Dept's Charlene Lamb, asked if budget cuts had anything to do with security decisions, said "No, sir."

Give it up.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823091 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:01 PM
"Since the September attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the right-wing media have attacked the Obama administration for supposedly not having enough security at the compound. That myth is undermined by a State Department explanation that "no reasonable security presence could have successfully fended" off the attack.
"

ROTFLOL What an idiotic thing to say. There were other options like leaving town, which the British smartly did.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823094 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:05 PM
ROTFLOL What an idiotic thing to say. There were other options like leaving town, which the British smartly did.

There were something like 200 incidents of gunfire and attacks. Not to mention the not-so-big secret that more jihadis come out of eastern Libya than just about anywhere...and we know this because we catch them in Afghanistan fighting for al Qaeda.

This is just stupid. We had 1 US security guard there protecting Stevens. And State ignored all the requests for more help.

There's no spinning this for Hillary! and Obama. Hills needs to be hauled in front of the cameras for an explanation and pronto. This is just bullcrap. Throw in the fact that Obama tried covering all this up and you have to apply the "What if it were Bush?" test:

If this had happened under Bush, with all the antiterror infrastructure that we have now, libs would be screaming for impeachment.

democrats = joke.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823098 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:07 PM
They've been cutting it for years. See links in my thread, andsorry dad, I just saw your post; took me a while to write mine.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823099 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:07 PM
What's is worse, it is becoming quite clear that the Obama administration has been covering up their incompetence until after the election.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823101 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:08 PM
Recommendations: 2
This is just stupid.

May I efer you to your name?

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823109 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 5:18 PM
May I efer you to your name?

You shouldn't fat finger posts and then call people names. Makes you look kinda...you know.

Run along and FA something, now.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823129 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 6:00 PM
Recommendations: 4

Yeah, boy! You'd have supported shutting the embassy and leaving town. Sure you would. You and Rush and Sean and O'Reilly.

Rush would have wet his pants over that one.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823150 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/10/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 28
Indeed, Republicans, including Chaffetz and other House Republicans, voted in 2011 and 2012 to give the State Department far less than it requested for embassy security.

It's part of a general GOP pattern of screwing stuff up and then blaming the president for the consequences of their actions.

It's like cutting public sector jobs and voting against job bills then hammering the Prez on unemployment.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823290 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 9:45 AM
So the Republicans opened the door the terrorists walked through.

Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823303 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 10:18 AM

Somebody didn't like the post and had it FA. Try this again..

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/10/right-wing-medias-li...

The conservative media talking point that the White House abdicated its responsibility to secure the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, took a hit Wednesday when CNN's Soledad O'Brien pressed Congressman Jason Chaffetz to acknowledge that he joined House Republicans in voting to cut funding for embassy security.

O'Brien asked: "Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?" Chaffetz responded: "Absolutely. Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country."
<i/>

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823309 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 10:25 AM
Hillary did it

The politically charged hearing – called by the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform at the height of a presidential campaign in which the Benghazi tragedy looms increasingly large – included testimony from the State Department’s top security officials.

Also appearing was an officer from the Utah National Guard who was the security officer of the Tripoli embassy from February to August. Lt. Col. Andrew Wood told the committee in a prepared statement that the State Department had refused to extend the 16-member “site security team” he led over his months in Libya and that by September, the “weak” security situation in Benghazi was worsening.

A top State Department security official confirmed to the committee that his request for the team to be extended into October was denied – but he cautioned the committee against concluding that merely extending the team would have made a difference in Benghazi

http://news.yahoo.com/house-hearing-weak-security-drawn-down...

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823378 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 12:18 PM

Lie. But, since you want your nose rubbed in it:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/10/kelly-libya-...

In a May 3, 2012, email, the State Department denied a request by a group of Special Forces assigned to protect the U.S. embassy in Libya to continue their use of a DC- 3 airplane for security operations throughout the country.

The subject line of the email, on which slain Ambassador Chris Stevens was copied, read: “Termination of Tripoli DC-3 Support.”

Four days later, on May 7, the State Department authorized the U.S. embassy in Vienna to purchase a $108,000 electric vehicle charging station for the embassy motor pool’s new Chevrolet Volts. The purchase was a part of the State Department’s “Energy Efficiency Sweep of Europe” initiative, which included hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on green program expenditures at various U.S. Embassies.

In fact, at a May 10 gala held at the U.S. embassy in Vienna, the ambassador showcased his new Volts and other green investments as part of the U.S. government’s commitment to “climate change solutions.”

This will only go downhill for you.

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823485 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 4:43 PM
In a May 3, 2012, email, the State Department denied a request by a group of Special Forces assigned to protect the U.S. embassy in Libya to continue their use of a DC- 3 airplane for security operations throughout the country.

The subject line of the email, on which slain Ambassador Chris Stevens was copied, read: “Termination of Tripoli DC-3 Support.”

And what difference would a DC-3 have made?

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823526 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 7:13 PM
"And what difference would a DC-3 have made? "

None. But won't stop the Republicans looking to make political hay out of this, even if it results in even less respect for the government.

Ken

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823534 of 1949768
Subject: Re: Repb vote to cut funding for embassy securi Date: 10/11/2012 8:00 PM
"And what difference would a DC-3 have made? "

Not near as much as the 22 security personal who were pulled out made

Bears

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement