Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CarlErikson Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121592  
Subject: Reporting Changed Holding Periods on Schedule D Date: 3/18/2000 12:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

Suppose that I have a long position and the holding period of the position changes due to a wash sale or constructive sale. I sell the position and have to report it on Schedule D. The line where it says "Date Sold" should just be the date when I sold the position. What should the line where it says "Date Acquired" read? Should it list the date that I trully acquired the long position or should it be the date that the holding period was adjusted to because of the wash or constructive sale?

Thanks,
Carl Erikson
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32008 of 121592
Subject: Re: Reporting Changed Holding Periods on Schedul Date: 3/18/2000 2:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<< Suppose that I have a long position and the holding period of the position changes due to a wash sale or constructive sale. I sell the position and have to report it on Schedule D. The line where it says "Date Sold" should just be the date when I sold the position. What should the line where it says "Date Acquired" read? Should it list the date that I trully acquired the long position or should it be the date that the holding period was adjusted to because of the wash or constructive sale? >>

The adjusted date.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement