UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gordon66 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976470  
Subject: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 11/30/2012 5:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 53
"We'll agree to these popular things (preserve Bush Tax cuts on the under $250k crowd) that you want and we want, but only if you'll agree to these other unpopular things (preserve Bush Tax cuts on the over $250k crowd, cut SS and Medicare) that only we want. And don't forget we'll run shameless attack ads against you if you do agree to these unpopular things. Thank you".

Republicans is hilarious.

Gordon66
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841278 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 11/30/2012 5:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
MUS by a progressive lib...nothing new here move on

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841464 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 2:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
Gordon66 wrote: Republicans is hilarious.

Republicans should submit their own policies and then every Republican vote "present" for every Owebama policy. Let the country live with the consequences.

Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841485 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 4:19 PM
And don't forget we'll run shameless attack ads against you if you do agree to these unpopular things. Thank you".
Well that's how politics works. It would be more accurate if you had pointed that republicans haven't put any of their spending cut suggestions on the table.

President Obama had clearly articulated that he wanted tax increase, how much and the range. Likewise Republicans shoudl also put the spending cuts on the table. But they are afraid of the political backlash of those proposals. It is about time they man up and put those proposals and get into the discussions.

My guess is we may end up just increasing the tax on those making above $250K or some other # between that and $1M without anything else done. Especially addressing things like deductions, and other spending cuts.

There are no titans in the congress who can take difficult, hard and bold positions.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841490 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 4:40 PM
"There are no titans in the congress who can take difficult, hard and bold positions. "

There is no titan in the oval office who can take difficult, hard and bold positions.

Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841519 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 7:00 PM
There is no titan in the oval office who can take difficult, hard and bold positions.

At least Obama ran on tax hikes, I guess in modern history the only presidential candidate to run on tax hike and that too during difficult economic times is a hard and bold positions. Whether he will be considered a titan are not is for the history books.

I can understand Speaker wants to stay away from specifics publically so that he can negotiate, but where is the fiscal conservative and tea party wing of republicans? If they are not going to articulate where they want to see cuts, they will run into the danger of becoming irrelevant.

The Republicans has the role of opposition party now, and if they don't put specific proposals they are doing great disservice to their constituency and the nation.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841521 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 7:04 PM
"At least Obama ran on tax hikes, I guess in modern history the only presidential candidate to run on tax hike and that too during difficult economic times is a hard and bold positions."

"At least" Like this is a profile in courage;-) This is the guy you support? LOL

"I can understand Speaker wants to stay away from specifics publically so that he can negotiate, but where is the fiscal conservative and tea party wing of republicans? If they are not going to articulate where they want to see cuts, they will run into the danger of becoming irrelevant.
"

Typical of progressive libs to find fault with anyone else but their own party. It is a sign of failed leadership.

Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841529 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 7:15 PM
There you go... all you can do is name calling, empty sentences, etc. Is there a single republican proposal you can point to?

To me, that is a failure.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841531 of 1976470
Subject: Re: Republican Definition of Compromise Date: 12/1/2012 7:19 PM
"There you go... all you can do is name calling, empty sentences, etc. Is there a single republican proposal you can point to?

To me, that is a failure. "

There I go?? LOL The dims are in control not the repubs. Your guys have yet to pass a budget in almost 4 years and you are complaining about the repubs.

Give me a break.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement