No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, I opened my doors this Monday morning, and very few people showed up. I'm asking for you all to help me figure out how to market more effectively, please.

My husband and I have started a weight loss support group for low-carb dieters, where members pay a one-time registration fee, then they pay a small fee at each weekly meeting to keep their membership current. We have started with 2 weekly meetings, one Monday morning in northwest Austin and the other Monday evening in central Austin.

We've put up flyers at many of the community bulletin boards. We started our direct mail campaign in the 2 zip codes where meetings are held by sending out the first 500 flyers last week. We've handed tons of flyers to our friends, who've passed them out to their interested friends. We've been getting 10-20 hits per day at our web site and have had several phone calls from interested people.

So Monday morning no one showed up. Monday evening 2 people (friends) showed up. Now, I know my marketing campaign has been very small, and I shouldn't have expected a deluge of customers. Instead of getting upset and downing a bottle of wine, my husband and I went home and got to work on send out 1500 flyers this week, instead of just 500.

Now that I know that a campaign of 500 flyers a week isn't going to cut it, I'm looking into radio spots and the like.

My questions to you all are, next to tripling our efforts in the direct mail campaign, is radio the next step? Are we looking in the right direction? What am I not looking at/for that I should be?

Thanks in advance,
PrrpleGrrl
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement