Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stevescouse Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121592  
Subject: RESIDENT ALIENS Date: 8/6/2001 6:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is there anyone out there that's working in the US as a resident Alien - and knows the ropes as it relates to (especially) Income from overseas - especially if you're only here for a year or so for work...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cmmon Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53126 of 121592
Subject: Re: RESIDENT ALIENS Date: 8/6/2001 10:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
>>Is there anyone out there that's working in the US as a resident Alien - and knows the ropes as it relates to (especially) Income from overseas - especially if you're only here for a year or so for work...<<

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Resident alien" is the same as "permanent resident" which is equal in tax duties to the US sitizens. Are you working in the USA with visa J-1 or H-1B? That suggests you have an income in the USA. Otherwise you are not allowed to work in this country. If this is J-1, you do not pay MED and SS taxes but pay federal and state taxes. If this is H-1B, or if you are the Green Card holder (which means "resident alien" or "permanent resident"), you pay federal, state, SS and MED taxes. If you have an income earned in the foreign country, you are supposed to pay taxes in that country.

Hope it helps.

cmmon

Author: stevescouse Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53136 of 121592
Subject: Re: RESIDENT ALIENS Date: 8/7/2001 9:26 AM
L1

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement