UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pemcpeake Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Retire now, work later Date: 10/20/1998 8:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why not just resign your jobs now and live a little then go back to work later on?

Not doable? Wife and kids? The older you are the less likely you'll get another good job? Does all of this sound like economic slavery to you? Work all your life and then die. It makes me wonder why anyone even tries to do anything, you lose it all eventually anyway. Why not live a simple life without many cares and enjoy what you can, the birds and the bees, stop and smell the roses and all that kind of stuff.

We are not all FOOLS, we are all SLAVES.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DownwardSpiral One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6114 of 75383
Subject: Re: Retire now, work later Date: 10/20/1998 9:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The flaw here is that most people who want to live the simple life are not willing to LIVE the simple life. Smelling the roses is fine. But, don't expect to get the fruits of this enjoyment without the labors--Planting, caring, weeding, feeding, etc.

Most people are not ready to put in the effort for subsistence living. That's why they have jobs--a steady, reliable source of income to purchase desired items [e.g., food produced on a large scale with economies of scale]. Also, the simple life people want to drive to the places they want to enjoy. That means roads, parks, and the myriad of cunsumables related to travel.

Yes, you still can live the simple life. Are you willing to make the sacrifices?

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement