UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: theHedgehog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1481  
Subject: Retire Well on Less Date: 9/28/2007 6:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just found this board today while looking around in fool.  Is the name from Edmund's book or is that just a coincidence?

Hedge - retired early and living frugally well
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chooey98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1100 of 1481
Subject: Re: Retire Well on Less Date: 9/30/2007 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I just found this board today while looking around in fool.  Is the name from Edmund's book or is that just a coincidence?

Hedge - retired early and living frugally well

Hi, Hedge!
Judging from the book list on the FAQ, it seems to be a coincidence.  A gal by the name of Workwayless started this board.  I haven't seen her around for a while, though.

--Chooey

Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1106 of 1481
Subject: Re: Retire Well on Less Date: 10/12/2007 1:58 AM

Judging from the book list on the FAQ, it seems to be a coincidence. A gal by the name of Workwayless started this board. I haven't seen her around for a while, though.

Yes it is true the board name is just a coincidence. I always liked the idea of champagne retirement on a cheep beer budget. I don't post much these days because, I unretired and went back to work full time.

There really is a 'working' premium as I don't have the time to search out the bargains I did when I was retired. Look forward to retiring once again!

Author: Imaginistics Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1107 of 1481
Subject: Re: Retire Well on Less Date: 10/12/2007 6:03 PM
Recommendations: 1
I unretired and went back to work full time

Can you share the story or stories behind that? I totally
hear you on the "work premium" on money and TIME, much less of it, for us who are still working..but maybe this was already posted so you or someone can share a link or a few about the reasons for un-retiring? Being interested in an early semi-retirement in less than 5 years I'd love to hear others' experiences, good and bad.

I may be different in that, while I want to retire from fulltime quite early, I'm not shooting for "full retirment" in the sense of 0 hours per week work...more like 55+ down to 25 (And I realize in this economy that means a pay but that is disproportionally higher...pay cut by more than half) But any experiences positive or negative relating to deciding to unretire would still probably be useful reading for most of us on this board..Could you or someone post the links if it's been discussed already (can you tell i'm relatively new to this group? :-)

Imag

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement