Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: samdavis Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19257  
Subject: Retirees 62-64 Date: 3/22/2000 3:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have read that the House and Senate have passed and President is expected to sign a bill to eleminate the earned income penality for retirees 65-69. What affect does this have for ages 62-64?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3120 of 19257
Subject: Re: Retirees 62-64 Date: 3/22/2000 4:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Samdavis, and welcome. You asked:

<<What affect does this have for ages 62-64?>>

Absolutely none. The earnings limitation for those age 62 but younger than 65 will remain in effect as it is today.

Regards..Pixy

Author: twowu Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3141 of 19257
Subject: Re: Retirees 62-64 Date: 3/23/2000 10:27 AM
The Charlotte Observer said that 62-64 yrs old were excluded due to complications with other benifits paid to other eligible receivers of social security. Maybe this ia something we can address now that the main bill has passed. I guess no one wanted to keep this one from being passed by offer obstructions.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement