Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lu107 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: retirement age rules Date: 9/24/2001 8:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When distribution age rules say "by April 15 year after you've reached 70 1/2" does that mean that a person who reaches 70 1/2 in 2001 doesn't have to start distribution until 2002? If you did that, are your distributions always on the April date or do you have to take another by December 31 for 2002 and pay taxes on both in the same year? Thanks for any info. I'm getting confused by different articles I've found. lu107
Print the post Back To Top
Author: downbeat15 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7363 of 19224
Subject: Re: retirement age rules Date: 9/24/2001 10:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I asked basicly the same question, you might want to take a look at my post and the associated thread.

http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15679958

Author: lu107 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7364 of 19224
Subject: Re: retirement age rules Date: 9/25/2001 9:10 AM
Thanks very much for answering. That was exactly the answer I was looking for. lu

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement