No. of Recommendations: 0
Just need some direction... a friend and I were discussing how much to contribute and I have spent the last few minutes looking for one of those retirement calculators - the kind that allows you to play with how much you contribute at a given rate and it'll tell you how much you'll have at retirement...

Where can I find this? I'm certain I tinkered around with one in here previously but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Greetings, Finzwake5, and welcome. You asked:

Just need some direction... a friend and I were discussing how much to contribute and I have spent the last few minutes looking for one of those retirement calculators - the kind that allows you to play with how much you contribute at a given rate and it'll tell you how much you'll have at retirement...

Where can I find this? I'm certain I tinkered around with one in here previously but can't find it anywhere.

The Fool retirement calculators are at
http://www.fool.com/calcs/calculators.htm?ref=PFinAg#saving

Regards..Pixy
This is not intended as a slight to the Fool's caluculators, but I have found the ones at www.money.com to be very easy to use. They aren't as detailed, so beware on that score.
Both sites posted for calculators are good. However, just keep in mind that nothing is an exact science. In my experience, depending on the calculator, you can get very different answers.

For someone 40 years to retirement, maxing out a 401k ($10500/year, with a $0 initial balance) and an estimated 10% annual return...

I've seen figures from $1.5-6 million. That's a pretty wide variation.

There are lots of subtleties to projections, so I'm not knocking them. Just don't be upset if you end up at the bottom end of the range.

-H
check out www.cigna.com
Advertisement