Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Roadking2615 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19414  
Subject: Retirement Communities Date: 12/20/2004 1:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My mom is starting to look into moving to a retirement community. Was hoping someone here could help by commenting on:
1.) A good source of information on communities beyond the glossy brochures
2.) Anyone with experience at Erickson Retirement Communities - they're getting ready to build one here in Texas.

Thanks in Advance,
Roadie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9508 of 19414
Subject: Re: Retirement Communities Date: 12/20/2004 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Author: Roadking2615 | Date: 12/20/04 1:59 PM | Number: 9507
My mom is starting to look into moving to a retirement community. Was hoping someone here could help by commenting on:
1.) A good source of information on communities beyond the glossy brochures
2.) Anyone with experience at Erickson Retirement Communities - they're getting ready to build one here in Texas.

Have you looked at their website? http://www.ericksoncommunities.com/
I noticed phone numbers you can call. I'd call and ask for references.

Also, check this out http://www.seniorsite.com . They have chat room devoted to senior issues.

Russ

Author: Roadking2615 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9509 of 19414
Subject: Re: Retirement Communities Date: 12/20/2004 7:11 PM
Russ,

Thanks for the seniorsite suggestion. Yeah, I thought about asking for recommendations, but the pessimist in me says they'll just give me names of individuals who will say nothing but good things. I wanted to try and get an independent opinion on my own before relying on them. Thanks again.

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9510 of 19414
Subject: Re: Retirement Communities Date: 12/20/2004 8:26 PM
There is a magazine named "Where to Retire" It is published bi-monthly. I find it useful for suggestions, but mostly in terms of giving some idea what to expect in terms of costs, weather, medical care, etc. Do you really know how many hospital beds per 100,000 people is "normal"?

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: arahfool Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9511 of 19414
Subject: Re: Retirement Communities Date: 12/21/2004 9:22 AM
Try http://www.retirenet.com/ , they have a little of everything.

arahfool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement