Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fella1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19380  
Subject: Retirement investing??? Date: 5/23/2000 6:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Help,
I am getting out of the company, just made 58 and can make it to 59 1/2 with what I have,I have $275,000 in a 401k. I can take with me and roll to a IRA, and buy time I get to 59 1/2 that money need,s to be makeing as much as it can for me, Guy,s at work say 8% can be made on dividens in stock,s and that would be $22000 a year, but it don;t look like that to me, one guy said to look for a new,s letter that you pay for and guides you into the right area for safe dividen,s and retirement investing.Other people want to take it and invest it for a fee with no garrantees, but lots of hype to go with it.
Any help would be appreciated
Print the post Back To Top
Author: L2J Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4041 of 19380
Subject: Re: Retirement investing??? Date: 5/24/2000 8:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi fella1,

I'm still learning Foolish ways so I'm not able to provide a direct answer that you maybe looking for but I did pick up on a response on the "ask a Foolish ?" board. Here is the link:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1010001046009001&sort=id

Happy retirement! HaGD, LCJ

Author: fella1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4044 of 19380
Subject: Re: Retirement investing??? Date: 5/24/2000 12:36 PM
Thanks L2J,
TAXI looks like a good one for 8.9% and in busness 20 years, I will most likely put some $ in there. I looked at the fool's 3 retirement stock pick's and that don't look so good, I am still searching the web for a new;s letter on dividen and income investing for retired people, I am not to good at this net stuff, just started a month ago.

Fella1

Author: benschafer One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4062 of 19380
Subject: Re: Retirement investing??? Date: 5/25/2000 9:01 PM
Hello fella1;

Recommend a stroll over to AARP www.aarp.org and taking a look at the recommendations that AARP has come up with for investments for retirees.

I am 50 and I have been retired for the last year, I'm very active in investing and I keep an eye on my retirement 401 k account and the IRAs.

Make yourself some good luck.

Think The Best Thoughts
bens

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement