No. of Recommendations: 0
I have recently moved from the UK to the US and need some advice on retirement planning. I have a three year working visa in the US and so I receive my income and pay tax in the US. Since I am not resident in the UK I can't contribute to an ISA and I have no pre-existing pension plans in the UK.

At this point in time (I am 28) I find it hard to anticipate where my retirement will be so I need to do something that will work for me whether I decide to stay in the US or return to the UK.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I be asking this on the Retirement Planning board?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.