Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rapgolf1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19257  
Subject: Retirement Seminar Date: 3/15/2000 12:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Would love to have a retirement seminar...Would urge you however,to keep it simple....Don't try to cover all avenues of retirement...Of great importance to me and I suspect others is:a.providing supplimental income b.managing a diversified portfoio of stocks and bonds c.keeping ahead of inflation.d.not running out of money...

The question becomes??????How does one best deal with the above mentioned issues....

Randy P
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mark99ant One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2982 of 19257
Subject: Re: Retirement Seminar Date: 3/19/2000 10:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in the midst of the Rule Breaker on line seminar and it has been very helpfull.

Maybe we could get "The Fool" to organize a similar for the retired.

Another thing that should be done for those younger people who think retirement is too far away to think about, is put together a retirement seminar on planning for early retirement. I know that when I finally woke up and started thinking seriously about retirement, I had a difficult time finding the information I needed to make good decisions. I also found out very quickly that you should start thinking about retirement planning very early in your career, and not wait until your 45-50 to start thinking about it.

I retired at 53 on Dec 31, 1999. I started getting serious about the subject in 1989, and had I started earlier, I could have retired either early still, or with much more money.

This I realize would not apply to most on this board, but some of us could add value to the young by sharing our experiences.

Just a thought.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement