Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheCrusader Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35954  
Subject: Returning to Wow Date: 12/13/2012 3:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Guys

I have not played WoW for many years now, but back in the day I was a member of high level raiding guild for a while, this was at the time of BC when the game was still hard.

I never bought Cataclysm or Mists, so I suppose I stopped playing after that WoTLK expansion. The game engine is tired and I am sick of the game.

But every now and again Blizzard send me a 10 day pass so I log and usually play random heroic dungeons on my mage or now with Mists I have levelled a Monk to 40.

What I want to say is that I think that the people who inhabit WOW make for an an absolutely shocking game environment and it wouldn't matter what blizzard did in future there is absolutely no way I would play it.

Whenever I logon I think how long will it take before either I am abused or someone in the Party is abused, sure enough if anyone makes a mistake then look out you will be dammed until the cows come home, it is relentless.

If there is a wipe in an instance, well that party will just disband, after the abuse of course. Back in the BC it was common to wipe in an instance now it if happens well you are a goner.

What a shocking environment this game is, keep away.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34992 of 35954
Subject: Re: Returning to Wow Date: 12/25/2012 3:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I have not played WoW for many years now, but back in the day I was a member of high level raiding guild for a while, this was at the time of BC when the game was still hard.

It wasn't so much that BC was hard - the boss encounters in BC, on average, where certainly less hard than the hard mode bosses in WOTLK. The thing with BC was that the trash respawn mechanic in BC was like a sadistic anti-addiction program, designed to test just how much pain and suffering the addicts could take before they got weaned off of their WOW-addiction.
45 minute respawns on trash that takes between 30-45 minutes to clear (if you have practiced it). WHO TF THOUGHT THAT WAS A FUN IDEA?
BC wasn't HARDER thank other expansions, it just made you suffer. A LOT.
I was GM of a hardcore raiding guild in TBC (3rd/4th on the server), and I've never forgiven Blizzard for the trash respawns and the idiotic BT/MH attunement system in TBC.

Author: XMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34997 of 35954
Subject: Re: Returning to Wow Date: 1/4/2013 6:12 PM
Recommendations: 3
A bunch of us Fools still play casually and it's quite fun. The game has changed dramatically since Burning Crusade and in many ways for the better. Wrath was a gaming masterpiece IMO, Cataclysm was awful, and Mists, so far, is outstanding.

One of the major changes since TBC is the introduction of Looking For Group, which allows you to be paired up with other players from across all realms. This can be good and bad. At the maximum levels (85-90), I have yet to have a bad experience where people decided to quit or kick a player who wasn't being a totally goofball.

Unfortunately, at the lower level dungeons, I think the experience is worse. Far fewer people are queuing for those places and because most people already have a max level character or 10, their patience level for failure at lower levels isn't high.

I've played SO many games in the last 20 years and WoW still tops all of them, especially when you work together with 9 other people on a really hard fight, and win.

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34998 of 35954
Subject: Re: Returning to Wow Date: 1/4/2013 6:40 PM
Wrath was a gaming masterpiece IMO,

I agree with that statement, (with reservations) especially up to Yog-Sarron.
Naxx was far too easy. That was just a mistake, and Blizzard admitted as much. I loved Sartharion 25 3D, though. We spent so many evenings practicing the encounter and altering the strategy while waiting for the release of Ulduar.
I didn't like the Coliseum so much. The encounters were mostly fun (the Horde vs. Alliance fight was very innovative), but the atmosphere was lacking and I still don't like the new way of switching between heroic and normal mode. Ulduar was better in that regard.
Icecrown Citadel was very good.

I liked arena in WOTLK as well. I did 2v2 as arcane mage with an excellent combat rogue. We got to over 2000 rating, the only such spec combo to get anywhere close to such a rating.

Then I moved to Boracay in late 2010 and I haven't played WoW since, except for two short periods.

When I look at WoW now I find that the primitive graphics annoy me more and more. They were behind the times when the game came out, today they're a joke, despite half-hearted improvements that have been made.
I think Blizzard underestimates how much the primitive graphics hurt immersion, especially with people new to WoW.

Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35007 of 35954
Subject: Re: Returning to Wow Date: 1/6/2013 4:15 AM
Unfortunately, at the lower level dungeons, I think the experience is worse. Far fewer people are queuing for those places and because most people already have a max level character or 10, their patience level for failure at lower levels isn't high.

I think that hurts bringing new people into the game. The other issue is that certain places are just a wreck because level 90's now exercise great joy in killing you off in certain areas.

My daughter gave up on the quests in the Hellfire Peninsula and walked away from the game yesterday. For the past two weeks on Thunderlord, there have been tons of level 90 Horde parked over Honor Hold, killing every NPC and the level 57+ players who make it to these areas. She couldn't go 2 minutes without a group of 90's killing her while she was questin or spending an hour trying to get from the tavern to the flight point without getting killed by the level 90's who were taking great joy in being able to "one-shot" everyone.

She's might move to a non PVP server to avoid this trash, but that's going to cost real money. She's thinking about canceling her subscription instead. It's just sad that it's become this stupid in some areas and it really hurts the game and those who are new to it and trying to enjoy it.

Author: XMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35051 of 35954
Subject: Re: Returning to Wow Date: 1/25/2013 5:18 PM
"She's might move to a non PVP server to avoid this trash, but that's going to cost real money."

I can't guarantee this, but if you sent a note to Blizz explaining that she is being griefed all the time and doesn't want to play anymore, they will let her transfer to a PVE realm for free.

Worth a shot...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement