UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961759  
Subject: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise:

"NEW YORK - The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, said in a letter obtained by The Associated Press that he is "toxic" to the Obama administration and that the president "threw me under the bus."

In his strongest language to date about the administration's 2-year-old rift with the Chicago pastor, Wright told a group raising money for African relief that his pleas to release frozen funds for use in earthquake-ravaged Haiti would likely be ignored.

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37208439/ns/politics-white_house...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537505 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year."

Gee... I wonder why no one in the Obama administration will respond to him, listen to him, talk to him or read anything he writes to them?

Good for Obama.

Bill Z

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537506 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 12:53 PM
... the president "threw me under the bus."

Thump thump!

Author: freekingA Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537508 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 12:57 PM
Yeah, he is now road kill.

FA

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537512 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 1:03 PM
Isn't that what you wanted?

Ken

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537519 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 55
"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration,"

Dear Rev. Wright,

I threw you under the bus because as soon as you started getting publicity surrounding my candidacy, you doubled down on the crazy talk.

I appreciate your guidance and support during the time I spent with your church, but I have enough problems cleaning up the mess left by my predecessor that I don't need any crap from people that are supposed to be my friends.

Yours truly,

President Barack H. Obama

Author: techie23 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537521 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 1:51 PM
you doubled down on the crazy talk.

He's been talking that way for the last 20 years. Don't you get dizzy from all that spinning?

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537524 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 1:54 PM
Recommendations: 4
"Gee... I wonder why no one in the Obama administration will respond to him, listen to him, talk to him or read anything he writes to them?

Good for Obama."

Obama spent 20 yrs!!!! in that church, you know as well as i do that Obama threw him under the bus to protect him politically, and you seem ok with that? Shouldn't you instead be reprimanding Obama for spending 20 yrs listening to that nonsense instead?

Author: techie23 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537527 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 1:55 PM
I appreciate your guidance and support during the time I spent with your church, but I have enough problems cleaning up the mess left by my predecessor that I don't need any crap from people that are supposed to be my friends.</|I>

I see. So it's Bush's fault that Wright got thrown under the bus. Got it.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537533 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:03 PM
Recommendations: 103

Obama spent 20 yrs!!!! in that church, you know as well as i do that Obama threw him under the bus to protect him politically, and you seem ok with that? Shouldn't you instead be reprimanding Obama for spending 20 yrs listening to that nonsense instead?

Strange that despite the fact that all his sermons were publicly available you guys have only been able to find two that Obama wasn't even at.

By comparison, Republicans happily pay homage to racists and bigotted right-wing preachers without every abandoning them or rebuking their statements. In fact McCain, who once courageously took a stand against the likes of Falwell and Robertson, had to pander to him to win the Republican nomination.

The right loves hateful and bigotted preachers. They just have to be white.

Derek

Author: freekingA Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537535 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:04 PM

You see Obama has a "Bus List". A list of people to refer to in order to create relative success. He needs folks on that Bus List to make him look better than he would otherwise be. Bush and Wright are just the current prime residents at this point in time.

FA

Author: techie23 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537537 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:04 PM
Recommendations: 1

What a stupid thing to say.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537545 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:13 PM

Yeah, I guess we just imagined all the Republicans lining up to defend Graham when the Pentagon decided to not invite him to speak there.

Derek

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537548 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:14 PM
"The right loves hateful and bigotted preachers. They just have to be white.

What a stupid thing to say."

Yeah! He should have said "white and straight(supposedly)."

Ken

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537569 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
He's been talking that way for the last 20 years. Don't you get dizzy from all that spinning?

That comment seems geared more to the fact that Obama was a member of the church for twenty years, rather than any evidence you might have of crazy talk spoken 20 years ago.

... speaking of spinning.

Bill Z

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537571 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:37 PM

Again... good for Obama.

If you have evidence of crazy talk from twenty years ago, let us know.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537573 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:38 PM

That comment seems geared more to the fact that Obama was a member of the church for twenty years, rather than any evidence you might have of crazy talk spoken 20 years ago.

... speaking of spinning.

Speaking of crazy preachers, how often do you go off the deep end? :)

Derek

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537574 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:38 PM

He didn't say that now, did he?

In spite of your double inverted, half gainer with a twist.... spin.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537578 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 2:41 PM

Speaking of crazy preachers, how often do you go off the deep end? :)

Derek

The question is not:
"How often do I go off the deep end?"

The question is....

"How often do I come up for air or get out of the pool?"

Bill Z<---- certifiable

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537618 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 3:24 PM
By comparison, Republicans happily pay homage to racists and bigotted right-wing preachers without every abandoning them or rebuking their statements. In fact McCain, who once courageously took a stand against the likes of Falwell and Robertson, had to pander to him to win the Republican nomination.

Yes McCain did.

But what McCain did is nothing like having them and claiming they were his mentor or spiritual leader for decades.

Good to see during your time away you didn't bother getting acquainted with honesty.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537622 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 3:29 PM
Recommendations: 6

Yes McCain did.

But what McCain did is nothing like having them and claiming they were his mentor or spiritual leader for decades.

Good to see during your time away you didn't bother getting acquainted with honesty.

Hmm. You accuse me of lying without even bothering to show what I said is wrong.

Speaks volumes about your character.

Derek

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537634 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 3:40 PM
Hmm. You accuse me of lying without even bothering to show what I said is wrong.

Speaks volumes about your character.

Derek

Yes Derek,

I accuse you of being serially dishonest, and this being just another episode.

But you can show you are not dishonest easy enough.

Put up McCain spending a few years with the characters you used as examples, and relying on them as his spiritual ad visor. That is what you intoned pretty darn clearly. NOt making peace or guest appearances on a TV show. But a situation resembling anything of Obama's 20 year relationship with his guide and mentor.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537642 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 3:47 PM
Recommendations: 18
Yes Derek,

I accuse you of being serially dishonest, and this being just another episode.

Again, prove it.

But you can show you are not dishonest easy enough.

Put up McCain spending a few years with the characters you used as examples, and relying on them as his spiritual ad visor. That is what you intoned pretty darn clearly.

Really? Where did I intone that? In fact I said the exact opposite noting that unlike other Republicans, McCain had called them out and repudiated their hateful rhetoric. The problem is that years later he went groveling back so he could win the nomination this time. The fact that such efforts are necessary to be a Republican is sad.

NOt making peace or guest appearances on a TV show. But a situation resembling anything of Obama's 20 year relationship with his guide and mentor.

Yes. It's far worse because as soon as the sermons in question were brought to his attention, Obama repudiated the comments and eventually abandoned them. And unlike right-wing crazies, his politics don't demand he discriminate against people because of these "religious" leaders. In fact there is no indication that he agrees with Wright at all.

Again, the chief difference here is that the hatred is aimed at straight white guys and that's what makes you uncomfortable. If it's muslims, gays, or whatever else... that's just chum for the base.

Derek

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537647 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 3:52 PM
techie23 says

"The right loves hateful and bigotted preachers. They just have to be white."

Dead accurate, though.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537663 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 4:06 PM
Really? Where did I intone that? In fact I said the exact opposite noting that unlike other Republicans, McCain had called them out and repudiated their hateful rhetoric. The problem is that years later he went groveling back so he could win the nomination this time. The fact that such efforts are necessary to be a Republican is sad.

When you are right, you are right. I was clearly wrong.

Though I will stand by my statement, for you were drawing an equivalence you did not outline it as being true believers as Obama claimed with Wright.

But merely that they pander for votes.

So I will still say you were intoning an equivalence that does not exist, and stand by my dishonest comment.

However, I do not now, nor I hope ever(though I can't swear to it), claim you are an out and out liar. You just dance around the truth, as do McCain and the others you feel are sad examples.

Author: zathrus1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537669 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 4:16 PM
Recommendations: 30
However, I do not now, nor I hope ever(though I can't swear to it), claim you are an out and out liar. You just dance around the truth, as do McCain and the others you feel are sad examples.

Actually, Derek seems to have a habit of stating the facts about as clearly and concisely as anyone I've ever seen (especially here). That's why his posts gets tons of recs. He actually says things that are worth reading.

The problem is that you cannot seem to understand the difference between a lie, and an opinion you disagree with.

If you worked on that issue, you might find that people care more about what YOU say.

Zath <-- Thinks Rev Wright jumped under the bus himself.

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537715 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 6:13 PM
ghdude,
"By comparison, Republicans happily pay homage to racists and bigotted right-wing preachers without every abandoning them or rebuking their statements. In fact McCain, who once courageously took a stand against the likes of Falwell and Robertson, had to pander to him to win the Republican nomination."

Really weird you have to justify Obama with the Right.

"The right loves hateful and bigotted preachers. They just have to be white."

The Left really loves hateful bigotted preachers. They just have to be non-white.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537753 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 6:43 PM
ModernViking says

Dear Rev. Wright,

I threw you under the bus because as soon as you started getting publicity surrounding my candidacy, you doubled down on the crazy talk.

I appreciate your guidance and support during the time I spent with your church, but I have enough problems cleaning up the mess left by my predecessor that I don't need any crap from people that are supposed to be my friends.

Yours truly,

President Barack H. Obama

That's nothing. He threw Saul Alinsky under the bus much earlier. Never would talk to him.

Author: ghdude Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537760 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/18/2010 6:47 PM

That's nothing. He threw Saul Alinsky under the bus much earlier. Never would talk to him.

Obama says it's because Alinsky always came off kinda cold and soulless.

Derek

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537890 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/19/2010 1:34 AM
Actually, Derek seems to have a habit of stating the facts about as clearly and concisely as anyone I've ever seen (especially here).

Agreed, 100%.

That's why his posts gets tons of recs. He actually says things that are worth reading.

Do you think there might be another reason his posts get tons of recs on this board? Most recs on this board are gained by the slant of the post. His just get extras for the clear, consise and worth reading part.

v/r
Tom

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1537894 of 1961759
Subject: Re: Rev. Wright: 'Obama threw me under the bus' Date: 5/19/2010 3:10 AM
Isn't that what you wanted?

no. They wanted Obama to throw HIMself (and Michelle, and probably the kids) under the Bus for having ever known Wright

-
.... i forget ..what "crazy talk"?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement