Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4  
Subject: reverse carry Date: 8/15/2007 3:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Excellent topic/

There are also reverse carry trades,

IE LONG the Yen, short NZ$,
Hfunds in the carry will soon find it isn't free money.

Was borrowing at 1@ loaning to MBSecurities free?
ask Thornburg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wpr101 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 4
Subject: Re: reverse carry Date: 8/29/2007 9:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Is there a way as an individual investor to participate in the carry trade.

It was my understanding that it was mostly done by institutional investors/hedge funds who are highly leveraged since the profit margin will be relatively small on the carry trade.

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 4
Subject: Re: reverse carry Date: 12/22/2008 10:28 PM
Hfunds in the carry will soon find . . .

+++
+++

their EXISTENCE has been terminated.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement