UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976315  
Subject: Reverse "starve the beast?" Date: 3/23/2013 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't honestly think this was the intent behind ACA - I don't think that Obama was that devious or that his team was intelligent enough to actually do this - but in I were to put on a tin hat for a moment, I would have to wonder if perhaps someone within Team Obama might have learned from the reps and their so-called desire to starve the beast as it pertains to the government...

...so the problems with ACA could have been intentional to create a scenario where more employers drop insurnace coverage, forcing more people onto government subsidized healthcare - creating a domino effect where once we have well over 50% of the population receiving significant federal subsidies for, what appears will be expensive insurance, they will cry for more subsidies to cover the cost, eventually resulting a full change to single-payer.

Genius if that was the intent. Dumb luck if not - but I would bet money that is where we will be in 10-20 years. The only challenge keeping this from happening is the fact that a huge part of our GDP and employment is generated from the private insurance industry (over 4% of GDP and roughly 400,000+ people). No easy way to wind down that in any economy.
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement