Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Fafar Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1879  
Subject: Reverse/Foward Split Date: 3/16/2007 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I just posted a similar rant on the Yahoo board ...

I am really ticked off by the reverse/forward split Brocade is proposing.

I only have 6 shares (came from McData) and apparently Brocade doesn't want to be bothered with small investors. So even though I want to hold Brocade and was thinking of buying more, my shares will be turned into cash. On top of that, TDAmeritrade will assess me $20!

I'm getting the shaft 2x, as are all of you who don't own at least 100 shares! I urge all of you who still have the proxy to vote AGAINST Amendment 2. We paid for our shares and have the right to hold them!

No doubt the share price will get pushed down "somehow" on the Execution Date just to add insult to injury.

Brocade says in the proxy that they'll save in expenses for mailing, etc. Big whoop! That's the cost of doing business. Are they going to stop people from buying just a few shares in the future? How about asking small investors to be email-only to cut down on the mailing costs?

Well, for you short-term traders there ought to be some small pop from those people who want to keep their shares and can afford to round up to a 100 share lot sometime soon.

Fafar
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement