UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756660  
Subject: rewiring a lamp and the importance Date: 2/14/2013 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
of good wirecutters......One of my long delayed projects is rewiring this ceramic xmas tree that the bookkeeper gave me back in 1975.....she put the date on the bottom with her initials on it. :)

I struggled with needle nosed pliers to get the stripping off....awful....a long time ago I was a pro of sorts, but again, it was a long time ago....I have wire cutters in the garage....for different gauges....I didn't want to walk down there so I struggled some more and got it done and wrapped the two posts when I discovered one of the parts had to come through the base of the thing and tighten the nut and I had it on top of the base......gezus! so I take it all apart again and struggle with the frigging wire......oh wait....when I thought it was set to go, I plugged it in to see if it worked it did............I found out when i took it apart that the thing was still plugged in when I grabbed the two wires and sparks and smoke flew........Lord Almighty, they're coming to get me!!!!!!!! I stood back and looked at my fingers and then caught my breath.....this is how accidental deaths happen.....so I put it aside for tomorrow when I have the proper equipment and I can focus on one job at a time. :)

Oh and btw, I took those 2 pairs of pants to an alterations shop this afternoon.

MsFixIt and forget it or forget it and fix it.:)

LD
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671689 of 756660
Subject: Re: rewiring a lamp and the importance Date: 2/15/2013 4:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm am pleased to report that after a couple of tries, I finally got the lamp rewired without electrocuting myself. Wire strippers are a girl's best friend....this time anyway. I hope I don't have to do this again anytime soon. My attention span is short. :)

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671692 of 756660
Subject: Re: rewiring a lamp and the importance Date: 2/15/2013 4:22 PM
Wire strippers are a girl's best friend.

One of the few congruous points between men and women apparently

Strippers are a man's best friend too!

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671720 of 756660
Subject: Re: rewiring a lamp and the importance Date: 2/15/2013 7:27 PM
I'm am pleased to report that after a couple of tries, I finally got the lamp rewired without electrocuting myself. Wire strippers are a girl's best friend.
----------------

I'd probably electrocute myself.

arrete

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671722 of 756660
Subject: Re: rewiring a lamp and the importance Date: 2/15/2013 7:57 PM
Recommendations: 0
well I wish a camera snapped when I took the wires apart and I had forgotten I had plugged the thing in.....I didn't feel a shock, just sparks, smoke and black soot on my fingers. I've gotten a little buzz before from wires. I think it was the shock of knowing I hadn't been paying attention to what I was doing....little boo-boo's can make big boo-boo. Good thing I wasn't in the bath tub barefoot in water.

crispy dog

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement