Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (70) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: averagjoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 168341  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 1/8/2008 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 52
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: alcear Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116939 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
twisted chicks

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116940 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 12:12 PM
Recommendations: 189
Kinda wishin' the 'inside jokes' would go away. Don't wanna join the 'club' as the subject matter is not something I would enjoy. Sigh.

Guess I can find an actual joke board somewhere on the internet.

Teri ..used to enjoy hangin here

Author: Mover50 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116941 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 12:55 PM
Recommendations: 86
Kinda wishin' the 'inside jokes' would go away.

Me too. If you can't share it with all of us, then don't share it at all.

As much as I enjoy AG's contribution, this seems a bit unfair and improper to me.

Maybe you should just email the inside jokes or get your own 'inside joke' board AG?

Kent

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116944 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 1:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
Once there was a tune called Rhapsody in Blue. I'd just come across something called Rhapsody in Gold, and wow! Anyone heard of this?

I've heard of this, it was written by George GerSHWING.

J.P.(helpful)

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116945 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:08 PM
Recommendations: 56
Kinda wishin' the 'inside jokes' would go away. Don't wanna join the 'club' as the subject matter is not something I would enjoy. Sigh.

Oh Teri, Teri, Teri....don't you get it?

Scantily clad women are humorous! I mean, where else on the internet can you find pictures of nude or near nude women? Racist and sexist jokes are hilarious! Good old fashion xenophobia is HYSTERICAL! Don't go all PC on us! Next thing you know, you will expect adult males to act....well....adult!

How many individuals of an identifiable ethnic, religious or professional group or those with specific physical or psychological attributes does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: One, plus a certain number who will act in a humorous stereotypical fashion!

Bush is the worst President in the history of the US.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116946 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:23 PM
Gold is my favorite color and metal.

Author: chk2595 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116947 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:26 PM
Recommendations: 11
Bush is the worst President in the history of the US.

Do not believe everything you hear or read!!!!
President Bush is the best one you will have in YOUR lifetime.

Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116948 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:33 PM
Recommendations: 11

And that thought scares the hell out of me.

========================================================
Obligatory joke:

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be
confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Go away," said the old lady. "I haven't got any money, I'm broke!"

As she proceeded to close the door, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed wide open. "Don't be too hasty," he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration." And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure on to her hallway carpet.

"If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder.

The old lady stepped back and said, "Well I hope you've got a ****ing good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning."

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116949 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:35 PM
Recommendations: 44
Do not believe everything you hear or read!!!!

heh heh.

hee hee hee.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Oh God, stop it! stop it!

Compared to Bush, Terry Shcaivo would have been a dynamic and engaged leader!

Compared to Bush, Caligula was a pillar of sanity and judicious use of power!

Compared to Bush, Idi Amin was a good, down home kind of guy!

Compared to Bush, Vlad the Impaler was a "compassionate conservative."

Compared to Bush, Nero was WARREN bUFFET!

Down in the seventh circle of Hell, Stalin and Hilter look across at each other, and say "well, at least we weren't THAT bad!"

Bush is the worst leader in the history of world!

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116950 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:38 PM
Recommendations: 7
heh heh.
...worst leader in the history of world!

Oh c'mon Hoch, don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel!!

Teri .. did I stumble onto PA?

Author: eaglehaslanded Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116951 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 2:58 PM
Recommendations: 34
Compared to Hochizen, Jessica Simpson is Albert Einstein.

Author: fixitforgood Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116953 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 3:23 PM
Recommendations: 2
Google War profiteering.

OJ: (True story the other night)
My step daughter asked mom where her pillow was, as the other one in her room isn't nice and soft. Mom said, "its still in the back seat of the car from daddys house." Go to sleep, and we'll get it out of the car in the morning." She didn't hear another peep. (No wining, NOTHING)
When mom went to bed, and laid down, she found that her soft pillow was switched!

Let mommy deal with the discomfort if she doesn't care about it!

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116954 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 3:26 PM
Recommendations: 24

Get over it.

Author: GringoFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116955 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 28
Kinda wishin' the 'inside jokes' would go away. Don't wanna join the 'club' as the subject matter is not something I would enjoy.

Teri

Translation:

I don't want to read them, but it bothers me that anyone else might possibly be enjoying them.

or...

It's not polite to tell jokes in private. Post that stuff right here on HURL so that I can FA it.

Sheesh. I didn't realize that the "ignore thread" feature doesn't work on everyone's computer.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116956 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 3:50 PM
When mom went to bed, and laid down, she found that her soft pillow was switched!

That little girl will go far!

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116957 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 4:13 PM
Recommendations: 50
Translation:

I don't want to read them, but it bothers me that anyone else might possibly be enjoying them.

I enjoy many of AJ's posts. Would prefer to not pbox him.

It's not polite to tell jokes in private. Post that stuff right here on HURL so that I can FA it.

Sorry, look elsewhere, I don't FA stuff. Private is the problem here. Only some 'get' the joke.

Sheesh. I didn't realize that the "ignore thread" feature doesn't work on everyone's computer.

I already 'ignore thread' all the puzzles. Who cares who got what score? And while the puzzles don't interest me, I see many seem to enjoy them. Fine. The 'secret club' stuff tho? That is so 'inside' that new posters get confused and actually respond to what is seemingly posted. Embarassed, they are likely to disappear. And that is a shame.

Teri

OJ
Q: How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None. They just declare darkness the standard

Author: TycoonGamer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116958 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 4:23 PM
Recommendations: 4
Sorry, look elsewhere, I don't FA stuff. Private is the problem here. Only some 'get' the joke.

Everyone who wants to get the joke can by sending an email to AJ requesting to be added to the mailing list.

The only reason this stuff is private is that someone would FA it if he posted it here.

Author: markr33 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116960 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 5:04 PM
Recommendations: 5
69 moves ... that was a tough one.

Author: woodymw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116961 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 5:06 PM
Recommendations: 85

The only reason this stuff is private is that someone would FA it if he posted it here.

Can I ask, then, what the point is of posting a reference to it here? If the people that want to see the joke / picture / nakedness get to, with no danger of an FA ... what purpose does the cryptic and otherwise meaningless post like the one at the top of this thread serve? I'm trying not to make value judgments, but there are only two reasons that I can think of:

1. The almighty rec.
2. A way to flaunt this "naughtiness" under the noses of those who might FA a particular post.

If it is the first, then, well - I guess we all have our own priorities.

If it is the second, then, well - why is that not childish? Even if you disagree with the FA policies or the FA'ing of an individual post, isn't it a child's reaction to basically say "nyah, nyah - look what I can still do"?

Or am I missing something? Seriously, I know the back story of the things that are getting emailed, etc., but I'd like to understand the motivation for continuing these posts that don't otherwise stand for themselves.

Fully expecting a backlash, but hoping for some reasonable responses,
Matthew

Author: TycoonGamer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116962 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 5:08 PM
The almighty rec.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116965 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 5:46 PM
Recommendations: 19
A note to those not on the list: There are no 'inside jokes' just pictures and puzzles.

There is no 'secret club', how could there be with the 'secret club' making public announcements every week?

TMF does not allow the pictures linked to and will not condone direct links to them from this board.

When I come across a "joke" in bad taste on this board I hit the next link and move on.

I would suggest the rest of you to do the same.

Author: averagjoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116968 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 6:07 PM
Recommendations: 28
I believe all the pros and cons have already been posted on this thread, so I have nothing to add..... well, except

I'm not AG. While I realize that averagjoe may not be easy to remember, AverageGoe would be even more awkward, so please try not to confuse readers. I want to ensure that all those who throughly execrate, anathematize and objurgate me or regard my posts with supreme disdain, put averagjoe on their Ignore list, and not AveragGoe, whoever that poor soul may be.

~aj

Author: northhill Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116969 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 6:53 PM
I would agree with you but for fear that HS would put me on a watch list. Guess I'll just have to settle for my new bumper sticker: "2008 - The End of an Error".

Author: HelicalZz Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116971 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 7:22 PM
Joe,

You flag the posts that are E-mail related with the asterisk. Good enough for me and all you can do really (well, you could additionaly put them on your website for those who enjoy the humor but already get too many E-mails, but that's quibbling). It is appreciated.

As for the threads. Out of your control - goomba's like me just can't leave well enough alone I guess.

Zz

Author: TheNightTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116972 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 7:26 PM
Everyone who wants to get the joke can by sending an email to AJ requesting to be added to the mailing list.

How long does it take? I have sent 2 emails but so far no response. I'm pretty sure I sent them to AJ and not AG.

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116973 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 7:54 PM
Recommendations: 64
I can't begrudge any dirty old man his kicks and grins, whether it be a chic email inside joke, or flaunting one's own good works. It is however mildly irritating when for the 50th time you give someone the benefit of the doubt because there's 40 recs behind his post so you click on it, only to see that for the 25th time, there's no explanation for it. Eventually, it's shame on me, for taking enough interest to victimize myself once again, to open said poster-type's posts.

Sexual comedy is very precedented, but the "tee hee, look at the woman's breasts or the man's dingaling in this picture," is so 4th grade. It also becomes somewhat disheartening if not concerning when any one person seems to concern themselves only with that. But when they get the reward they are after, then you can't hardly blame the child. Er, person. Sorry, I'm use to speaking from a parent's point of view.

Occasionally, a vaudeville like bada bing bada boom sexual reference joke is fun to get it on, even feeling a bit healthy. Obsessing is a different beast, imo. I suppose eccentricity could lead to it though. If you can afford to give up the day job to work full time doctoring .jpg's so mammories and your face's deviant smile are side by side, or otherwise showing people diddling, twiddling, and fiddling themselves or others... well, knock yourself out I guess. Eventually the averageperson learns not to click on certain posts. Unfortunately, in this forum, it means veritably or nearly giving up on the forum itself.

Paul T.

Author: MFDnNC Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116975 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 8:11 PM
Eventually, it's shame on me

Its always shame on you when you see the pattern and do not ignore the poster, as for me I look for the posts for humor, entertainemnt and general pleasure.

Get a life!

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116976 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 8:25 PM
Recommendations: 13
You all, who are detractors of AJ, realize that the more you complain and b*tch, the more you fulfill his quest for more recs and attention....and ultimately fun ??

Joe's of retirement age. He is having fun.....and messing with people, and probably laugh at every post that "complains" about his posting ways and tactics and "tastes", esp displaying scantily clad women.....and his residual testosterone seem to beam as a shining beacon. ;-)

At his age (mid to late 60's), he is beyond all this. He is not bothered. YOU ALL, regardless of age, SHOULD take a page out of his book and relax and enjoy life....don't let what people do bother you, esp on a freakin' message board !!

I say follow Joe's lead. Hopefully, a more relaxed, enjoyed and less-stressd life style follows.

Take care everyone!!

Author: ngcpa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116988 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 9:57 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<< If you can afford to give up the day job to work full time doctoring .jpg's so mammories and your face's deviant smile are side by side, or otherwise showing people diddling, twiddling, and fiddling themselves or others... well, knock yourself out I guess >>>

Meanwhile you can knock yourself out feeling so superior and reminding us just how superior you are! Actually I would rather see mammories and Joe's deviant smile than your post. Just one child's point of view.
Norm

Author: CrestlineKathy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116991 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 10:18 PM
<<That's ironic coming from a person who once wrote a detailed fantasy on the Jester's board about having sex with his six year old daughter.
>>

OMG...please tell me this is a joke, if it isn't, fantasy or no fantasy, the police need to be called and he needs to be removed from the home...I'm not kidding, I'll call myself if I have to.

That is unexplanable and unacceptable.

Author: sameaslastyear Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116998 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 11:22 PM
"That's ironic coming from a person who once wrote a detailed fantasy on the Jester's board about having sex with his six year old daughter."

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17143103&sort=whole&terms=tpault+six+daughter&vstest=search_042607_linkdefault

no. 3624 on the Jester board.

I don't know if this is the post you are referring to ~aj, but if it is than I have to question your reading skills.

I don't know the poster in any way or form other than the posts I have seen here on HURL until you posted what you did.

Author: averagjoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116999 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/8/2008 11:43 PM
"no. 3624 on the Jester board."

Nope, that's not it. The one I'm referring to was downright vile.

~aj

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117004 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 5:50 AM
Hey Paul T., don't let the door hit your too tight a$$ on the way out.

Well, it is tight, but the main gist of my post was in defense of posting styles in here and the concept that it's ultimately the reader's responsibility to sift through what they do or don't want to read. I just defined your argument for posting leniency, and you shot back with a desire to eliminate posts or posters you don't like?

Paul T.

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117005 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 5:56 AM
Get a life!

Would that be the master carpenter's life? Or the part time United Way life? Or would it be that of a national club newsletter writer's life, or the one where I make commercials for tv for youth development? Maybe it's the life of travelling all 50 states by car? (35 down, 15 to go) Or the life of a facility manager? The life in Christ maybe?

I'm always up for getting another life, but gee, I'm just not sure I can fit anymore in.

Paul T.

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117015 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 10:17 AM
OJ
Q: How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two.
God knows how they fit inside there, though.

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117018 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 11:02 AM
I say follow Joe's lead. Hopefully, a more relaxed, enjoyed and less-stressd life style follows.

While this is great advice, you know as well as I do that some miserable people out there just can't stand to see others enjoy themselves without raining on their parade.

Author: eaglehaslanded Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117023 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 12:16 PM
Recommendations: 12
but there are only two reasons that I can think of:

1. The almighty rec.
2. A way to flaunt this "naughtiness" under the noses of those who might FA a particular post.

If it is the first, then, well - I guess we all have our own priorities.

A rec-ho? At TMF? INCONCEIVABLE!

PS Don't rec this post.

Author: Ahote Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117040 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 84
A note to those not on the list: There are no 'inside jokes' just pictures and puzzles.

You're missing the point which doesn't surprise me.

This board used to be a collection of humorous posts. It has now effectively been hijacked by threads that no one who is not on the so-called "list" can understand. So the board has effectively become a private board which doesn't work here - all boards on the fool are free and are open to anyone who does not violate the rules.

Pleae understand - I am not coming from a place of frustration - I don't have time for the kiddy-porn that makes you all titter like schoolboys so I've not made an attempt to be "on the list." I am simply explaining that people used to hang out here and enjoy the humour but are now confronted with threads that are completely meaningless.

It doesn't work.

Please save all your childish "ploinking" and comments about doors smacking backsides on the way out. I stopped hanging out here some time ago.

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117048 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 4:17 PM
I stopped hanging out here some time ago.

Yeh, right.

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117049 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 4:28 PM
I stopped hanging out here some time ago.

**blink-blink**

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117062 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 6:02 PM
That's ironic coming from a person who once wrote a detailed fantasy on the Jester's board about having sex with his six year old daughter

"Once wrote" is liar's code for "I can't link it because it never existed."

Paul T.

Author: averagjoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117065 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 6:27 PM
""Once wrote" is liar's code for "I can't link it because it never existed.""

It was most likely FAd, and for a damn good reason.

~aj

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117068 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 7:14 PM
Geesh! Are you guys still bitchin'?

C'mon now, let it go or I am going to have to spank you!

This thread has already gone far beyond with what it should have. A little sick, actually.

CHILL! and let's get back to the HURL objectives.

Group Hug

Kez

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117069 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 7:40 PM
Are you guys still bitchin'?

No. I'm bitchin'. The other guy's breaking the law.

A little sick, actually

That's why people shouldn't get too familiar with him, yes.

Paul T.

Author: AlanK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117076 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 9:34 PM
A suggestion:

I too like to hang out here for a laugh after a hard day of work. My annoyance is wasting the time clicking on meaningless posts. My suggestion is to put ITK (in the know) as part of the title of each of these posts. Then you can have your private jokes and don't have to annoy the rest of us by wasting our time.

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117079 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 10:35 PM
Recommendations: 51
My suggestion is to put ITK (in the know) as part of the title of each of these posts. Then you can have your private jokes and don't have to annoy the rest of us by wasting our time.

Hi Alan.

Joe already did that with an asterisk. He is no longer doing this due to a TMF warning so, it is now up to the Joe FAN to peruse their inbox for possible extras.

Heck! after reading this mile long thread for a few days now, I want to place a few cents in FWIW. I really wasn't going to get involved but, well!!! ..... I hate it when we don't get along :o(

I like Joe, I really do! He posts a lot of good stuff without boobs and girly bits as well and has proven he can be normal (whatever that is?) from time to time.

Why ALL the female anatomy in most cases, I dunno? Ask Joe!

Anyway.....

It has just become annoying with his abstract posts of which gather rec's that stand out like a neon sign and this is making it difficult for Hurly's not on his 'list' to understand.
Folks NOT ON HIS LIST choose so because they know what he's like and are not interested in seeing girls in their birthday suit bearing all their bits.

Because of the high Recommendations, visitors from Best Of are expecting something outstanding only to scratch their heads! and wonder where the joke is?
Regulars alike look small in comparison and there are a lot of good stuff posted here that I am sure don't even get a glance because they just don't carry the rec. weight and bypassed.

Know what I mean?

Joe, I know you are going to read this so I will direct a few words to you:

What you are doing isn't right. You have already admitted to getting some kind of HIGH from your rec's. Perhaps you can open you own board where you can avoid the criticism here, however, still post here like everyone else does.
If you opened your own board I am sure your FAN CLUB will follow. You will still get your rec's and we at HURL can get back to posting pic's and jokes without girly bits, because most don't like that kind of thing, day after day.

TMF has warned you. This is because, unless your a hormonal guy with high testosterone levels, your secret posts don't belong here. I can feel comfortable in assuming I am not alone with these thoughts.

Me included, a lot of folks are bored with high rec. posts with mild porn, tits and arse & cryptic 'unless your in the know' threads!

HIGH REC. posts are very distracting.

Don't get angry with me for saying this, like you did with PaulT. What you threw back at him was unacceptable.

Well, *SHRUG* that is all.

I hope I am not being...

U
N
D
E
R
S
T
O
O
D
miss

xxxx

Kez

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117083 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 11:08 PM
Because of the high Recommendations, visitors from Best Of are expecting something outstanding only to scratch their heads! and wonder where the joke is?

I think someone should tell these visitors that they won't find any outstanding posts on the best of list...unless of course you're into those three boards.

What is being percieved, understandably, as a problem on this board has been taken care of...

J.P. (is this any way to bring in the new year? Let's let it go people)

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117084 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 11:13 PM
What is being perceived, understandably, as a problem on this board has been taken care of...

Yeah?

OK! we will see.

J.P. (is this any way to bring in the new year? Let's let it go people)

Hey! good idea.

Kez

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117085 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 11:36 PM
Recommendations: 9
My suggestion is to put ITK (in the know) as part of the title of each of these posts. Then you can have your private jokes and don't have to annoy the rest of us by wasting our time.

Joe did that. Note the asterisk (*) in the subject line?

The complainers weren't interested in whether or not they were wasting 3 seconds to click through a post it turned out they weren't interested in. After all how many times have all of us clicked into a post that turned out to be a joke we'd already seen here the week before?

The complainers were upset that someone else was having fun and they weren't having fun on their terms.

Has anyone else noticed that Joe put up more posts here ( and more original posts) than any of the complainers?

So, complainers, the next time you are annoyed by clicking into the same old joke for the third time in a week be sure to email TMF and complain that others aren't working hard enough to entertain you.

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117086 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/9/2008 11:56 PM
Recommendations: 6
The complainers were upset that someone else was having fun and they weren't having fun on their terms.

Has anyone else noticed that Joe put up more posts here ( and more original posts) than any of the complainers?

So, complainers, the next time you are annoyed by clicking into the same old joke for the third time in a week be sure to email TMF and complain that others aren't working hard enough to entertain you.

~~~~~

OH! CRAP, Dave.

You are missing the point, also!

Kez

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117088 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:01 AM
Kez if that's the problem Joe can just copy & paste one of the tired old jokes going around on this board for the third time and repost it with a new Subject line and an asterisk (*) so that when the folks on the Best of board read the tired old joke our complainers seem to prefer, it'll be new to them.

Joe, why not try that for awhile? OR, since you enjoy bringing something new to the board, Google "joke" and (disregarding the names of several individuals on this board that are sure to come up) download a list of jokes so that you can post one of them with an asterisk (*) in the subject line. That way the Citizens Against Nudity' Totally won't have anything to complain about (although I'm sure they'll make up something) and the Best of board will get a chance to appreciate your efforts too.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117090 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:11 AM
OH! CRAP, Dave.

OH! CRAP, Kez.
Somebody came up with something new and entertaining on this board and the complainers who didn't want anything to do with it didn't want anyone else to be able to have anything to do with it either.

The complainers couldn't just skip over posts with an asterisk (*) in the Subject line, NO they had to try to stop everybody else from having access to them too.

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117093 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:19 AM
Kez if that's the problem Joe can just copy & paste one of the tired old jokes going around on this board for the third time and repost it with a new Subject line and an asterisk (*) so that when the folks on the Best of board read the tired old joke our complainers seem to prefer, it'll be new to them.

Are we on the same track here?

Yeah! Dave BUT!, he wouldn't get the rec's and Best Of wouldn't know about them....Hmmm! - then again, maybe he would? There is Something About Mar...errr!, Joe!

Why do I get the feeling Joe's ego is growing from this continuation?

Ah! my mind plays games, sometimes. Ah!, now I remember....That's why I'm here!

xxxx

Kez

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117094 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:20 AM
While this is great advice, you know as well as I do that some miserable people out there just can't stand to see others enjoy themselves without raining on their parade.

Isn't that rain a bit yellowish?

Author: akaKEZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117096 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:36 AM
Recommendations: 5
OH! CRAP, Kez.
Somebody came up with something new and entertaining on this board and the complainers who didn't want anything to do with it didn't want anyone else to be able to have anything to do with it either.

The complainers couldn't just skip over posts with an asterisk (*) in the Subject line, NO they had to try to stop everybody else from having access to them too.

~~~~~~~

Dave, we shouldn't have to 'skip over' posts with an asterisk. We should have to slide down a branch with a booby e-mail to 'get the joke'.
What is this board becoming - Humor & Average Jokers?, Heck! can't you see?

Joe needs to create his own board. What is so difficult about that? - unless he is enjoying this moment of more fame?

Don't get me wrong! I like Joe. I like his posts with his time and efforts.
I AM on his mailing list but tired of looking at naked women, so, what do I do now? Two steps forward and 3 steps back. I should have known!

Bottom Line: Joe has taken advantage of HURL.

Dave, don't get defensive with me matey! I am not going to debate this with you.

Settle down and let's allow this thread to END!

If the silent ones spoke up, it would blow your socks off!

Kez

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117100 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:57 AM
Joe needs to create his own board.

That sounded like a good idea to me until I wondered how many HURL complainers would follow him over there so they'd have something to complain about.

Settle down and let's allow this thread to END!

The power to end this thread is in your hands now;-)

Author: JannyGruenig Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117104 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 4:27 AM
C'mon now, let it go or I am going to have to spank you!

Don't promise them such things Kez, or they will keep going on for ever!

Janny

Author: MaximAvsWife Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117113 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 11:14 AM
Recommendations: 34
>>The complainers were upset that someone else was having fun and they weren't having fun on their terms.<<

My two cents: I have been a Fool member for nearly 8 years (Foolanniversary 1/21 BTW if you are in the card/ gift giving mood). In that time I do not think I have ever posted on this particular board. I am an avid reader though and have recc'ed and then forwarded on, to friends, countless funnies I have gleaned from HURL. I love Joe and I love his caption contests. I do not love the T&A material. I am, and have always been, a woman. T&A is not joke worthy to me (although, I will admit, most of the photos Joe posts are heavy on the Urban Legend (are the T's real or not real?)). I suggest Joe and his followers create a boys night out board if you need to see all of that. Or, we all agree to disagree, Joe finds a safe TMF approved way of tagging the secret society posts and we move on to trying to laugh with each other at least once each day.

OJ:
A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand.
There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill is flying out of it onto the pavement.
Noticing this, a policeman stops her...."Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag..."
"Damn!" says the little old lady....."I'd better go back and see if I can still find some. Thanks for the warning!"
"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "How did you get all that money?" "Did you steal it?"
"Oh, no", says the little old lady. "You see, my back yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds!" "So, I go and stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper, and each time someone sticks his little thingie through the bushes, I say: $20 or off it comes!"
"Hey, not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "OK, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"
"Well", says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up...."

Kath

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117118 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 12:12 PM
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

And Thank you for the obligatory joke.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117125 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 1:38 PM
Dave, we shouldn't have to 'skip over' posts with an asterisk.

We shouldn't have to wade through all the Leftist rants from PA on the "Best Of" list, but we do.

Evidently, some people are capable of dealing with minor inconveniences, and some are not.

Dean

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117147 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 5:05 PM
(Ahote:) Pleae understand - I am not coming from a place of frustration - I don't have time for the kiddy-porn that makes you all titter like schoolboys so I've not made an attempt to be "on the list."

Bill

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117152 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 6:00 PM
Just for the record, I only wrote about a style of posting, and never mentoned anyone specific.

Raaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzberries!

Paul T.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117166 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 8:12 PM
"...I want to ensure that all those who throughly execrate, anathematize and objurgate me or regard my posts with supreme disdain, put averagjoe on their Ignore list, and not AveragGoe, whoever that poor soul may be." ~aj

Or, how about just skip over the highly known posts which always are titled similarly?

BTW AJ... what is that Blue crown and Gold vessel up there by your nom de guerre?

IIRC... those have some relationship to others here on boards you frequent such as this one.

Group dynamics folks, remember from college?

While it is a public forum, those who skip over posts(or need to)... seem to be spending time fretting and pondering rulers across knuckles or some such procedure to 'clean up' or change certain content.

Can I tell you a secret?

For some reason, I get the impression that some wish restrictions on the board, or for certain people to refrain from any 'inside' discussions on certain threads.

My lack of understanding the censorship gambit is specifically due to there being zero offensive posts I've seen, but still comments from those who take issue with a little innuendo here and there.

My question that might clear this thing up for me...

Why do complainants click on any posts that are in these few specific and very predictable threads?

I know it somewhat rude to speak 'round-about' when others are 'present'... but if the thread is offensive for whatever reason, don't click on it it would seem to me.

Thanks for the readers' attention and time. Just my two centavos.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117170 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 8:37 PM
"...It doesn't work.

Please save all your childish "ploinking" and comments about doors smacking backsides on the way out. I stopped hanging out here some time ago. "

Well bless your heart.

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117171 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 8:47 PM
tgrmn, pleasure as always.

Let me state this to the apologists. Motley Fool has rules against not just posting sexually explicit materials, but also against linking to any sexually explicit materials. Like any rules and laws, there's the letter of it, and the spirit of it. Some people have figured out a way to get around the spirit of the rules here, if not the letter of them. By creating an email list group that shares sexually explicit materials, and then uses this forum to notify others or share comments about those materials, a deliberate attempt is being made to spite certain users and MF & the rules.

Further, email list groups are just that, and even using this group here for sharing non-sexual emails, is unscrupulous. I am very surprised that Motley doesn't have a rule forbidding email listserves from using the forums here for listserve notifications and feedback.

People turn this whole thing around and try to villify anyone who would balk at the practice of promoting one's own website and private email list group here. But in that turning-around of blame, one does not legitimize either the self web/mail promotion, nor the villification of anyone who would balk.

Now, in the end, this is just text on a screen and mostly not real important in the grande scheme of things. But what is not legitimate, is poo-pooing anyone's dislike with a certain hijacking of any MF groups, by an email list group.

And though this be text on a screen, we should remind ourselves that real people can try to do real damage in real life to other people, and the person in question here is that type of person. So be fond of who you will, but it would be prudent to consider a dangerous person, as dangerous.

So hopefully to those who only see harmless grins & giggles, I have illuminated the actual depth of the situation as many others see it, and that such a view is reasonable.

Paul T.

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117172 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 8:52 PM
People turn this whole thing around and try to villify anyone who would balk at the practice of promoting one's own website and private email list group here. But in that turning-around of blame, one does not legitimize either the self web/mail promotion, nor the villification of anyone who would balk.

I for one will not be balked!! Who's with me???

J.P.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117173 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 9:00 PM
I don't understand the question.

O.J.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/greydawg/Hillbilly.jpg

Author: reader99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117174 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 9:12 PM
To me the insiders-only jokes are like middle school girls obviously whispering secrets behind their hands to be sure the other kids know there is a secret they aren't in on.

The AJ postings that are public have always seemed tasteful enough to me and I have no issue with them.

If something isn't for everyone it should be offsite somewhere. It's a big internet.

Reader99
Prefers a sense of inclusive community

Author: it409 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117176 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 9:19 PM
And though this be text on a screen, we should remind ourselves that real people can try to do real damage in real life to other people, and the person in question here is that type of person. So be fond of who you will, but it would be prudent to consider a dangerous person, as dangerous.

oj
I don't think CarlHungus is a dangerous person!!!!

oj...oj

A man lies on his deathbed, surrounded by his family: a weeping wife and four children. Three of the children are tall, good-looking and athletic; but the fourth and youngest is an ugly runt.

"Darling wife," the husband whispers, "assure me that the youngest child really is mine. I want to know the truth before I die, I will forgive you if--"

The wife gently interrupts him. "Yes, my dearest, absolutely, no question, I swear on my mother's grave that you are his father."

The man then dies, happy.

The wife mutters under her breath: "Thank God he didn't ask about the other three."

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117182 of 168341
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in gold * Date: 1/10/2008 10:20 PM
I don't understand the question.

Fine, being that I'm with the department of redundancy department, I'll repeat it....Whose with me?? ;-)

J.P.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (70) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement