Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
a long-time investor shares advice that sounds familiar to people on the BRK board, but one item struck me particularily. A person who contributes $2000 from the ages of 19-26 and then $0 from 27-65 will compound more money that the one who contributes $0 from 19-26 and $2000 from 27-65.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-4976.htm
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 14
If I had never made any additional contributions to the IRA that I opened in 1980 with a $2,000 tax-deductible contribution, the 24.2% compound rate of return that I have earned on my self-directed IRA from 1980 to 2005 would have amounted to $450,889.26.

Shhhh. Hear that? It's the sound of a dozen mouseclicks cutting and pasting that information into a dozen spreadsheets, trying to reverse-engineer the returns of this mythical and infamously well-advertized portfolio.

Toss it out and reel 'em in, eh Kahuna? It's a good show. ;)
No. of Recommendations: 0
Shhhh. Hear that? It's the sound of a dozen mouseclicks cutting and pasting that information into a dozen spreadsheets, trying to reverse-engineer the returns of this mythical and infamously well-advertized portfolio.

Toss it out and reel 'em in, eh Kahuna? It's a good show. ;)

Yeah, I got snagged a while back myself. I'm starting to think that those who don't drink koolaid are more interesting than those who do around here. WTF, actual BRK info is increasingly scarce so I'm starting to go for entertainment value.

Tom (long brk.b -- koolaid afficianado, or no? If you figure it out please let me know ASAP. ;-p )
No. of Recommendations: 0
so I'm starting to go for entertainment value.

Have you tried the circus?
Advertisement