Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88  
Subject: R.I.P. Indian Larry Date: 9/1/2004 8:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
CONCORD, N.C. - A custom motorcycle builder known for his appearances on cable's Discovery Channel died Monday after crashing during a weekend stunt at an arena in Cabarrus County.

"Indian Larry" was appearing at a three-day motorcycle event at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series.

A crowd of about 8,000 was watching him perform a stunt Saturday in which he stood on the seat of a moving motorcycle, when the bike began to wobble and he was unable to regain control of it, said Mike Downs, the county's deputy manager.

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?ArID=73131&SecID=2
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 88
Subject: Re: R.I.P. Indian Larry Date: 9/2/2004 7:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Indian Larry was one of my favorites. He was probably the most traditional (ie: non PC) of the builder that have been featured on Discovery, and if it's any consolation I'm sure that's the way he had planned to go.

For guys like Indian Larry "Rest in Peace" doesn't really seem appropriate? Maybe ....

Long May You Run

SB

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement