Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LRobi999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: RIP Retiree Portfolios Date: 12/5/2000 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks, Dave, for all you do. I, like so many other Fools, truly enjoy your writings and have failed to commend you often enough.

I tend to side with your analysis of the FF models, and ended my own BTD-type investments a year ago.

I think it's ironic that certain mechanical investment schemes have fallen from favor during this year's down turn. Has anyone faithfully followed a FF or BTD method for ten years? If they had, I'd bet they'd be less likely to pooh-pooh the 2000 results.

Retirement is still five years off for me, but my investment style will remain the same well past that time: ever changing as experience and knowledge increases.

Regards,
Lee

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5742 of 19483
Subject: Re: RIP Retiree Portfolios Date: 12/5/2000 1:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Lee writes:

Retirement is still five years off for me, but my investment style will remain the same well past that time: ever changing as experience and knowledge increases.

And may it well be ever thus. We learn, we grow, we change, and with luck we prosper. We strive for simplicity, yet often get reminded most rudely that simplicity in the investment world remains largely unattainable. And given that reminder, we learn, we grow, we change, and with luck we prosper. :-)

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement