Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: librarynerd Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 197  
Subject: Rise in Koala Kare Date: 7/20/2001 5:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm curious if anybody else has noticed the recent rise (~20% in the last week or two)in Koala Kare's stock and if they have a theory on why it is happening.

Personally, I noticed that some other web sites were listing today (Friday, July 20) as the day for an earnings announcement for the company, although other sites had it listed for August. My theory is that people are trying to snap up the stock before (they expect) a positive surprise earning report.

While I have not investigated which earnings date is correct (since I don't try to time the market that closely), this may go down as a lesson in checking your data before purchasing stocks.

Any thoughts out there?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vandriel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 188 of 197
Subject: Re: Rise in Koala Kare Date: 7/24/2001 1:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
According to the "news" link for Koala, the earnings report is due out by 8/9/01.

Author: TMFEdible Big red star, 1000 posts Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 189 of 197
Subject: Re: Rise in Koala Kare Date: 8/1/2001 6:01 PM
Yes, the company will report earnings on the morning of 8/9/01 -- followed by a lunchtime conference call to cover the report.

Author: sleejohnson Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190 of 197
Subject: Re: Rise in Koala Kare Date: 8/1/2001 6:40 PM
My notes from the Q1 conference call indicate that the company predicted revenues of $18 million to $19 million for Q2 and EPS of $0.22.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14947470

Slee

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement