Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: imdaddio One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120  
Subject: Risk Factor Manifested Date: 3/1/2006 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One of the risks noted in the HG recommendation was that better software may make SOLD obsolete. I liquidated my shares with a 1% gain the morning I read a fool's article about zillow.com

The recent tank may be due to low earnings, but you got a real estate bubble starting to blow on top of soon obsolete technology product and there's no way I'll stick with it to see how low it will go.

Buy more while it is cheap if you must, but everything about this stinks like old fish to me.

I've learned in technology investing to abandon ship while there's room in the lifeboat. Other sectors have some intrinsic value that cushions a fall, but not technology.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wacbiz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 120
Subject: Re: Risk Factor Manifested Date: 3/2/2006 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I see a lot of distaste for SOLD.

I am not an owner of SOLD, I went to there website after a commercial once and became frustrated with their long application, I just wanted to type in a couple of fields and get my house value, like Zillow does now.

Even though I am not a particular fan, I do see some potential for SOLD now, with a ton of risk. Luckly it is at a price where risk can be minimized.

There are a couple of things that I can see as potential upsides for SOLD. As the housing markety slows down the realestate agents that are left will be looking for more lead, just hopefully housevalues can get some quality leads.

Also, if you do look at justlisted.com it does have a lot of potential growth in it.

Author: danmansyx9 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74 of 120
Subject: Re: Risk Factor Manifested Date: 3/14/2006 5:48 PM
wacbiz, you should try their website similar to zillow.com, homepages.com Its basically like zillow but a little more features. I own some SOLD stock and will likely buy more in the near future.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement