Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Cicciano Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11153  
Subject: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/27/2012 7:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Off he goes to the NBA:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Ao.XonvK1i...

Can't say that I am surprised, but I do think that he could use one more year of honing in college.

Who else will go? Besides most of Kentucky, that is...

cicciano
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MajorBob04 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10999 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/27/2012 9:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Most of the starting lineup for UNC will go. Why risk another year and more injuries? Zeller is gone anyway, so why come back?

Besides, Stilman White and P.J. Hairston will still be around. Not to mention Bob - I mean - James Michael McAdoo.

I think Rivers really needed another year to learn how to drive and then pass better. On the other hand his teammates will probably be happier.

It's going to be at least a couple years before Duke competes again. Though I say that almost every year and they always find a way to compete . . .

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11000 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/27/2012 10:03 PM
C.J. Leslie will likely leave NC State.

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11002 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/28/2012 6:38 AM
I don't think Rivers will be a star in the NBA. I think he's been too hot and cold this year and clearly needs some more work.

I'm puzzled why he's in such a hurry. A lot of college kids can use the NBA dollars and that's one reason to go early -- but, I doubt his family's hurting for money, so why not go another season?

dsbrady

Author: TMFSpiffyPop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11003 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/28/2012 10:07 AM
... coach increasingly out of touch, overseeing a toxic environment? :)

Signed,

A Carolina grad ;)

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11004 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/28/2012 11:26 AM
It's going to be at least a couple years before Duke competes again. Though I say that almost every year and they always find a way to compete . .

That's because a Duke (and Carolina usually) fan's definition of "compete" is different than the rest of the ACC. Not that we resent it, mind you.

v/r
Tom (OK, I'm lying about that last part. Not sure how I could type the v/r with a straight face...)

Author: rosepetal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11005 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/29/2012 12:15 AM
It was/is my understanding that Stilman White is leaving for his 2-yr. Mormon "duty". I heard Roy confirm this on the Tar Heel Network radio program Monday night.

Haven't followed the Heels that much this season, except rooting for them to win whenever they played, but I wonder why Harrison Barnes thinks he's going to do so well in the NBA. He sure was hot and cold in the tournament....

"Rosie"

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11006 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/29/2012 10:29 AM
Recommendations: 3
A Carolina grad ;)

My condolences.

Author: MajorBob04 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11007 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 3/29/2012 7:21 PM
... coach increasingly out of touch, overseeing a toxic environment? :)

Are you talking about Ol' Roy?

Didn't Barnes, Marshall and Henson announce they're leaving? Guess the national championship hopes will fall to James Michael . . .

A Duke grad

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11008 of 11153
Subject: Re: Rivers starts the flood Date: 4/1/2012 2:14 PM
The NBA rule requiring a yer of college is stupid. I'd much rather let these kids go straight to the NBA and save the scholarships for kids who actually *want* to go to college.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement