Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will start taking RMDs in 2011. Since these distributions are taxed as regular income, and since I make estimated tax payments do I need to take) my distributions quarterly so that I will have paid in the proper amount each quarter to avoid penalty? (or at least pay the proper amount of tax quarterly if I do not take the distribution in quarterly installments?) Do I need to do this on a specific form?

I can't seem to find this discussed on the IRS site but it must be there somewhere.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.