Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So I've always invested with Fidelity because that's who I got started with years ago with my 401K and ESPP.

Now Robinhood is giving free trades and options trades.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any general reasons why Robinhood isn't a good idea? To be honest, I don't know why everyone isn't using it. There has to be a reason (if something sounds too good to be true...?)

The one complaint I've read about Robinhood is they don't have many tools to help you invest, but I don't see that as a problem. I can still do all my research in Fidelity and then trade in Robinhood.

I've already funded my account and made one purchase (IPAY), and one option (Wells Fargo Jan 2020).

Does anyone have any thoughts on why Robinhood is or isn't a good tool? To me, it seems like a no-brainer.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement