Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Rocanon your thinking in many ways mirrors mine. One of the many parallels was my "I'm not sure I'd want to rent a room at my age, but now all options are on the table" moment. Another option to think about if you're not a "city person" is that not only one saves on rent moving from big city to town, but one can save another amount of money moving from town to rural or semi-rural (maybe keep a cheap dependable scooter or something if you don't have a car) that is still within 15 minutes or what you need.

Staying happy? If it's not something you need a therapist for, then it might just 'cure' itself when you let go of your job..keep in mind initially you may get more depressed with "what to do with all the time" before you find something...so it's good to start exploring things now while employed. Of course, much less energy and time..but on a small scale? Explore things that don't take much time and energy...to throw out some random things...growing your own herbs (parsley etc) in a pot by the window, meditation, even slow breathing for 5 minutes with eyes closed, writing your own journal, are some examples.. The last one may help you better understand your own thoughts and feelings not just about life in general but about your job too..Expanding social network is another thought.

Two of the biggest I can think of for fulfillment though are helping others and creative self expression. The latter could be writing poems, art, music, crafts, even DIY stuff..the former, volunteering, civic engagement from local to national to global issues, even tutoring kids in reading, math, or being a big sister..

just some thoughts..thank you for your generosity in sharing all that financial background and your inner thoughts..
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement