UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: maggie0125 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6270  
Subject: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I can't believe I missed the Cave Warming. I *hate* being so busy I miss the fun things in life ie: Cave Warmings. LOL (No one told me she needed WARMING!!)

I actually have an emergency. LOL.

Does anyone know of a rock shop or someone who has a basement rock shop? Surely there are still rock hounds in this city?

I have a largish rock that I want to have cut in half and polished. The finished project should be bookends for a Christmas Gift. The rock is about 15-20 lbs and I think my dad said it's an agate...LOL...it's in my garage under a box, hiding from the intended recipient.

I've called everyone in the phone book and found that 3/3 shops listed have their phones disconnected...well, two of them...the third hooked me up with some chick who is in the mountains and left her mountain phone number! SCORE! (I wrote her number down and will call when I get an opening for skiing...ROFLMAO)

I did get a referral from someone at a "gallery" downtown, but when I called, I spoke with some woman with emphysema who didn't want my business. She said she'd give me the name of someone who could polish my rock, IF I took it to her FIRST to be sawed. Then, basically told me she didn't want the job, to have it done by someone who makes headstones, which is certainly an option.

What do ya'll know about rocks and rock hounds? LOL

Maggie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement