UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: maggie0125 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6270  
Subject: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I can't believe I missed the Cave Warming. I *hate* being so busy I miss the fun things in life ie: Cave Warmings. LOL (No one told me she needed WARMING!!)

I actually have an emergency. LOL.

Does anyone know of a rock shop or someone who has a basement rock shop? Surely there are still rock hounds in this city?

I have a largish rock that I want to have cut in half and polished. The finished project should be bookends for a Christmas Gift. The rock is about 15-20 lbs and I think my dad said it's an agate...LOL...it's in my garage under a box, hiding from the intended recipient.

I've called everyone in the phone book and found that 3/3 shops listed have their phones disconnected...well, two of them...the third hooked me up with some chick who is in the mountains and left her mountain phone number! SCORE! (I wrote her number down and will call when I get an opening for skiing...ROFLMAO)

I did get a referral from someone at a "gallery" downtown, but when I called, I spoke with some woman with emphysema who didn't want my business. She said she'd give me the name of someone who could polish my rock, IF I took it to her FIRST to be sawed. Then, basically told me she didn't want the job, to have it done by someone who makes headstones, which is certainly an option.

What do ya'll know about rocks and rock hounds? LOL

Maggie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: KenpoKate Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3105 of 6270
Subject: Re: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 12:30 PM
Recommendations: 3
What do ya'll know about rocks and rock hounds? LOL

I ran into a group of them around midnight at the Village Inn on Colorado Blvd a couple of weeks ago... so I know they're still around.

I once went with my Grandfather to a rock shop that was way out east on Colfax... that shop may have escaped all the development.

I also know we regularly drive by a shop off Wadsworth at about Mexico. They look like they're open for business.

But no rock hounds in my family since my Grandfather passed on.

- KK

Author: robjankus Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3106 of 6270
Subject: Re: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 1:11 PM
Recommendations: 12
I have a largish rock that I want to have cut in half and polished

Oh my.. all this talk of polishing rocks.. you really know how to turn a guy on darlin.. <grin>

-Rob
Maggie Fan!!

Author: maggie0125 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3107 of 6270
Subject: Re: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 1:14 PM
Recommendations: 6
I have a largish rock that I want to have cut in half and polished

Oh my.. all this talk of polishing rocks.. you really know how to turn a guy on darlin.. <grin>

-Rob
Maggie Fan!!

*whisper* Hey gang, sorry about the outburst from Rob. He's harmless, I promise...

ROB - don't make me spank you...

:)

Author: maggie0125 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3108 of 6270
Subject: Re: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 1:17 PM
Recommendations: 4
I ran into a group of them around midnight at the Village Inn on Colorado Blvd a couple of weeks ago... so I know they're still
around.

I once went with my Grandfather to a rock shop that was way out east on Colfax... that shop may have escaped all the
development.

I also know we regularly drive by a shop off Wadsworth at about Mexico. They look like they're open for business.

But no rock hounds in my family since my Grandfather passed on.

- KK

HI KK! How are you? :)
Thanks for the ideas...I think I did call that rock shop...in fact, I think that's the one that put me in some mountain girl's voicemail! :)
Dangit...I hope I can find someone...it seems like a simple enough task.
M.

Author: robjankus Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3109 of 6270
Subject: Re: Rock EMERGENCY! Date: 12/4/2001 1:28 PM
Recommendations: 12
ROB - don't make me spank you...

Promises, promises... <g>

-Rob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement