Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Another year has come and gone, this time with nary a post to the formerly beloved TMF MOotFL Board.

Just out of curiosity, how many still have this Board on your Favorites list?

SB (has several interesting Fast Lane observations if someone can inspire, bribe, or threaten him)
Print the post Back To Top
I'm still here and mostly in the slow lane (except for the next five days).

One of my part time ventures is working for a tax prep service from January through April 15th so the next five days are going to be mucho work to do and hours to work. Then I'll take a nap.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Still here.

Moved to a smaller town and outside of said town last summer.

Reveling in an even slower pace of life.

Chili
I'm still here and still in the fast lane trying to figure out how to move to the slow lane. DH doesn't seem to have my zeal for shifting lanes so I'm trying to get him to shift his paradigm :-p

-Steph
Still here. Dreams of the slow lane are distant memories at the moment.

- HCF
Still here. Trying to clear the house of clutter after recent marriage and will hopefully dump the house and become renters. Hope to move overseas and work for a few years and return to a low cost of living area. Still in the fast lane but have the blinker on and slowly trying to merge to the right over the next few years.

FoolNBlue
Still here, still semi-slow lane.

Cindy
Still here, but I'm (mostly) retired from work and doing whatever I want. So I'm out of the slow lane, and on to hiking trails and other entertainment.

RDW
No. of Recommendations: 3
Present. Left the cities (hopefully for good) in 2006 and enjoying small town life. I enjoy occasional sojourns to the city, but I don't ever want to live there again. I'm blessed that I'm allowed to telecommute to have a city-type tech job with city-type pay out with a small town location and small town cost of living.

So I've shifted lanes and am out of the fast lane, but until I crunch the numbers and know I can retire, I won't be completely in the slow lane.

I'm here. Trying to motivate myself with staying in the fast lane, knowing that if I do it for seven more years I can spend decades in the slow lane with more financial security.
No. of Recommendations: 19
This is going pretty well!

I suspect there are still a few "ghosts" out there though?

If you're following this Board, but don't wish to reply, please just give this post a "rec" so we know you're out there.

(If you have posted, or will post to this thread, please do not rec)
No. of Recommendations: 5
Hi All
I am fortunate enough to still be working virtually most of the time. Though there is talk of eliminating it entirely by the end of June. Management choice but what a wonderful experience the last 6 years have been working from home.
I just got back from a cross country trip. My oldest son and I traveled from Washington State to Augusta Georgia. He bought his aunt's 1991 Toyota Celica. This car had 1/4 million miles on it which made me a bit nervous I must admit but the car ran perfect. It was amazing. I had to do that trip to truly realize the beauty of this country and the power of nature. Blizzard across the entire state of Wyoming. The strongest hail and rain storm I have ever seen in Wichita and the most amazing and beautiful country across the south, Mississippi, Arkansas and Alabama. It is really a beautiful time of the year. My son and I really enjoyed our time together. Truly a wonderful bonding experience. It was so nice to detach from it all and spend time with him. He graduates next year. I can not believe how quickyly time has gone by. Though we traveled at 75 miles an most of the time it was truely traveled "In the slow lane". Highly recommend this if you have the time. BTW we did the trip in 5 days. Just perfect.

Gary
I'm here. Life has gotten much faster since I started reading this board. I regularly wish that my boss thought that a 40 hour work week made sense. But then again, I'm also grateful that I have a job.

ThyPeace, misses the days of working at home.
SB (has several interesting Fast Lane observations if someone can inspire, bribe, or threaten him)

Here! I'd like to be the first to do the above, or otherwise extract such stories from you.

Possum
here. and waiting eagerly for your next story.

c.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Okay.

In a week we've managed to shake 24 old posters (15) and ghosters (9) out of the bushes! That's a lot better than I expected, or have managed to produce on a couple other moribund boards.

It looks to me like the majority of circumstances vis a vis metaphorical lanes of personal and business lives have not changed dramatically. Most do at least seem incrementally better?

I do, however, detect a general feeling of malaise(?), perhaps due as much to economic circumstances beyond our control as to any fault of our own.

None the less, believing as I do that there are metaphorical opportunities even in metaphorical adversities, I will personally endeavor to provide the assembled Board with a few inspirational tales related in at least some remote fashion to the Board's original theme, whatever that was.

Feel free to cut in any time.

SB
Still here, but late to the party. Still in the fast lane, albeit a tad slower than it was a few years ago.
here.
Lurking, as usual
Ray
I still do. This is the first I've looked at it since you posted about Ron.
I will be returning to the slow lane after tomorrow. I started a two-day a week job in March which is going fine but takes me away from my business which is my main purpose in life. Plus it has a three-year commitment, and I cannot imagine spending three years with a couple of the people hired with me! LOL I don't need that kind of uproar in my life.
This is my first post in months! In the meantime, DH got a new job, which meant a non-local move, so I had to sacrifice my job to the cause. We've turned our house into a rental property, and are in temp housing ourselves 'til we buy something here. I've done some small work projects in the meantime, but am hoping to try out the slow lane for awhile. Indefinitely would be nice, but I doubt that's feasible because housing is so expensive.

--AF
I'm here.
My lane is getting faster . . . .
Lurker.....but still monitoring this board!

rv
Present.

My current speed is the fastest lane I have ever been in. Quote from my current boss: "I've spent my entire career in high risk endeavors. I've piloted jet planes and sat in rockets ready to boost off even if I never got to fly. This is the first time I've ever been nervous."

ThyPeace, not smart enough to be as worried as he is. But worried enough.
Here
Advertisement