No. of Recommendations: 0
Could I get some help on this rollover from a normal IRA to a Roth IRA issue. I have $40,000 in my current IRA with $10,000 after tax contributions. I am 35 and wondering if it makes sense to roll the entire amount in 1998? Can I roll only the $10,000 after tax contributions into the Roth thereby avoiding a tax hit? Can I pay the taxes with funds other than what is in my IRA thereby preserving the size of the IRA?

Thanks in advance


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.