Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have 300 shares of Dreamworks Animation (DWA)that was acquired in April of 2012 for $17.22 per share.

On March 31, 2016 I initiated some covered calls (SOLD TO OPEN 3 CONTRACTS OF OPTION DWA JUN 17 2016 27.00 C AT $1.30). I realized that the stock might be called away and my thinking was to get some cash for other trading, so I am not upset to sell at this price, although I wouldn't mind holding on to the stock since the stock is rising faster than I expected.

Right now (4-19-2016) DWA has gone to about $27.50 and seems to be rising on the current rally.

I am surprised the options have not been exercised yet, but TMF Options states that often options expire unexercised.

I wonder if I should be considering buying the option back and writing a new covered call. Opinions, please?

BTW, I am new to options and this would be the first time I have ever rolled an option.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement